·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i remember that car from a volksworld feature a few years ago,
iirc it has a fair deal of history with it :tup:

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Brizio (Roy's Dad) designed those in the late '60s as one of the first "Kit rods". I've seen pictures of a full-fendered version too which looked quite good. I'm not sure if that's an original Brizio car or a recent copy though, either way I like it.

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,700 Posts
Rear axle looks a touch too far forward to me...could be the angle of the photo...love it though...cracking colour

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,094 Posts
You think that's short, you should see the T we are putting together for Billy, 88 inch wheelbase plus a Pinto that thinks it's a V8 :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Volks Rod in it's original conertation.....I think that's the one Mike Pye bought in a few years ago......may take a gander on evilbay...

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,700 Posts
You think that's short, you should see the T we are putting together for Billy, 88 inch wheelbase plus a Pinto that thinks it's a V8 :)
I didn't say it was short Kev. I said the axle looks too far forward...should be centred in the bed imho. The rear hairpin looks clumsy running down. If the axle was where I like it, the hairpin could be horizontal.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,094 Posts
Form follows function Dusty. The axle centreline to end of bodywork is governed by the physical dimensions of the engine /box unit. The only way to make the bed look shorter is to have the engine hanging out in the breeze which, imo, woudl destroy the illusion. Gary had to put 6 inches into the trunk area of his B roadster to get a VW lump in so , again IMO , considering that the T proportions are as pleasing as they ever can be.

I tink it's a very clever piece of enginering especially when you consider that the car and concept are over 30 years old.

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,700 Posts
Form follows function Dusty. The axle centreline to end of bodywork is governed by the physical dimensions of the engine /box unit. The only way to make the bed look shorter is to have the engine hanging out in the breeze which, imo, woudl destroy the illusion. Gary had to put 6 inches into the trunk area of his B roadster to get a VW lump in so , again IMO , considering that the T proportions are as pleasing as they ever can be.

I tink it's a very clever piece of enginering especially when you consider that the car and concept are over 30 years old.
I didn't say I didn't like it and I didn't say it wasn't clever Kev.

I merely picked up on the rear axle location...I would maybe lengthen the front of the bed a touch.

I love Volksrods...be they fenderless Beetles or rods on Beetle running gear.

Maybe the '32 Jalopy works better due to it's larger dimensions.

I can think of a couple of pick ups that don't work for me due to the length of bed behind the axle.

I was merely expressing an opinion.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,094 Posts
I was merely expressing an opinion as well Dusty.:D Your reply reads a bit 'terse' , it wasn't my intention to anger / argue with you if that's the way you've taken it?

Back to the topic... if you were to lengthen the front of the bed you'd either cut into the limited space in a T cabin, have to shorten the hood to retain the wheelbase or stretch the wheelbase that may have been a bit much compared with the track ? Guess the original builder made his choice to stick with the slightly oversize rear overhang as ,in his opinion, the better looking option.

As an aside looks like it was originally used by someone down my neck of the woods due to the reg number ( Portsmouth number)

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it looks Ace! Hard to put a value on different stuff like that, i imagine you wouldnt build one for 6 bags. I would think she's interesting to drive too with a Porsche motor out back and very little weight out front. I assume the petrol tank will be up front.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts