Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, hoping someone here can help.

After careful consideration I fancy a different silencers on a NOS bike exhaust I have. I've looked around and bought a few that I thought would do the job but I'd rather make some up myself.

The exhaust has an O/D of just shy of 35mm and I'm looking to sleeve it and take it up to a pipe with an I/D of 40mm of about 11" in length. Baffles with a 40mm O/D are available so I'd look to use them.

ideally I'm looking to weld the silence's to the downpipe's and have exhaust's without any clamps to them. I'll then wrap the back 2 thirds to cover up welds and ground off tabs. A removable baffle with some packing to quiet it down a tad to finish it off.

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction of getting some made up please?

Many thanks Dan:tup:

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The bikes a 76 Paul and has no markings on either of the stock silencers apart from a short part number. The NOS set of hi rise version's I have don't have any markings at all and they're genuine pukka parts. What I'm after is nothing more than a baffled shotgun silencer and they won't be over offensive, so I'm hoping I should be okay, especially if fitted well and nicely wrapped. I'll be seeing the same tester I have for years so i'll give him a shout to be on the safe side. TBH he's passed worse.

As regard to getting something made up I'm off to Redditch armed with my parts this week. A guy that's done some exhaust adapters for me seems to think he can knock them up. Just so happens the place that sells the baffles is just around the corner so bonus there!!

I'll see what pans out.

Cheers Dan

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
What bike is it as i my on 1100xs yam trike i use 4 beetle tail pipe sound like the old f1 cars a full tilt he he he .

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mission completed!!!!!

Great morning:tup:

I had a very lengthy chat today with the tubing company and have come up trumps. They can quite easily knock up what I want and at a very reasonable price, way less than I'd thought. Also be ready in 2 days!!!!

I've gone for a slip/weld on canister that takes it up from 35mm to 47mm and a 380mm silencer length with removable baffle. Hopefully it'll give me the look I'm after and sound nice too.

Just need to track down some good exhaust packing as I feel it will be needed and job done.

Well chuffed:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts