Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Briefly 09 Chevrolet aveo, I know not nice but been good runaround so far, and she works for them. but rear knocking I had a look it's the rear beam axle bushes, I have had to give up physical work, so I will struggle do it, according to chevy full rear axle, no f****ng way, thinking poss corsa ??. any body come across this. ideas, if pushed can get access to ramp and press, will need to get help with the heavy stuff though.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Blimey 09 and there knackered, thats not good, apparently these things have a 5yr 100k warrenty but you probably know that, your thinking would be in the right area some sort of GM
Normally these types of bushes can be done in sittue with a special tool, have a word with your local garage before you dive in

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
do a guggle search for replacement bushes and see what comes up. Chrysler bottom arms on the PT lasted 18 months and they wanted to offer new complete arms at £XXXXX for them. Found poly bushes that could replace factory items and lasted 5 time longer.
Just a thought

·
Registered
389 Posts
I run a 2008 Chevy Lacetti station wagon every day, its done 37,000 miles from new and the rear suspension is quite rattly when its empty, its fairly quite when loaded up. It has been a very usefull workhorse since we mowed house last year. The other day I had 12 bags of ballast and 3 bags of cement in and you couldnt here any rattling. The following day it had 6 3x2 slabs in and was also quiet. Quite rattly today empty. I must get round to jacking it up to investigate wether it is bushes, springs, shockers or all three.

·
TechnicalTom
399 Posts
I do scrutiny at a branch of Motor sport that has a few classes of cars which are meant to use all standard and engine mounts and suspension bushes , especially rubber Void bushes , what I have discovered is that some racers are using " TIGER SEAL" in and around the "standard "bushes, because this in an illegal MOD , and easily hidden with mud/dirt, it rarely gets any attention. What I notice is it works very well and lasts a long time, people take extra care when applying the Tiger Seal so its hard to tell visually that its an addition.
You notice I am giving a Motor sport cars as an example , an eagle eyed MOT tester may may view this bodge on a road car quite differently.Maybe before some one struggles with unobtainable/very difficult to replace void bushes they could experiment with Tiger Seal or equiv." liquid rubber " , ordinary Silicone would be a total waste of time here .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Managed to have a quick investigation, ns has separated completely, os almost as bad, chevy only do a complete rear axle, took some measurments and banged it back together, will use minimally, while I locate or get some made, have a pothole in mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts