Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO YOU HAVE A 57 OR 58 BUICK OR OLDSMOBILE CONVERTIBLE, OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES....?

I need to look at something on any of the following....

I just need to take a look at a part on a 57 or 58 Buick or Oldsmobile convertible, Basically I want to see if the part is the same for my Cadillac, the guy who has the part is NOT sure, BUt due to the expence of the part I do NOT want to buy something that will NOT fit.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Might pay to drop Stewart or Milton a PM , they'd probably know off the top of their heads :incheek: .

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might pay to drop Stewart or Milton a PM , they'd probably know off the top of their heads :incheek: .
No Joy, I have known them for donkeys years, I am as educated as they would be on American cars, It is something which can only be found out by looking at it, if they had one there it might be a different story, but they dont have any at the moment....Bummer

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
is it a convertible only part? i sold a 57 and 58 Buick coupe last year and have lots of pics of both if it helps

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
is it a convertible only part? i sold a 57 and 58 Buick coupe last year and have lots of pics of both if it helps
Yea....:D

Basically, I have been offered some trim for a 57 / 58 buick / olds, it is the screen trim for the front inner and outer, I am fairly sure that the screens are all the same, but the trim may be different, I just wanted to be sure...... We are talking big dollars....:D

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
you aint giving much away Spence?

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you aint giving much away Spence?
Case of bloody having to, as you well know when you do your research and locate the good, some other twat always beats you to the post, it's not about doing the hard work for someone else.

I have been offered the full inner and outer front screen trims from 57 / 58 buick / olds convertible, it is the small car type..... either a century or an 88 convertible.

I need to know if they are the same as 57 / 58 Cadillac

I am sure these cars all use the same front screens.... EG coupes and convertibles, but i am NOT sure if the smaller cars have a smaller screen... EG 58 chevy.

Obviously my 58 Cad is a full size car, and the larger cars would obviously be like a Roadmaster 75 or Limited if it were Buick and a 98 if it were Olds

????????????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts