Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everyone..a very happy fella here..i just bought my first yank...67 chrysler newport. 2 Door Coupe..but i have a few issues with car, can anyone help, me please????
theres a slight strange leak of oil in engine bay....seen a drip of oil on top hose of radiator, just a drip..on underside of bonnet theres a slight spray of oil on offside front???? started it up with engine running cant see anything?
But to the side of radiator and on inner panel theres oil there?
I asked the owner he said he didnt know of anything, but i noticed the drip on top hose when i was buying it....he said there might be a leak and its dripping on the pulleys and thats were the sprayn on the underside of the bonnet is coming from...phew..
I need two front wings? Anybody know where I can get them?
I want to change oil? what type of oil should i use and where can i get a filter from? Oh I'm in Sidcup kent???
Need someone who can repair rust bubbles in paint, until i get back to work and get a proper paint/ repair with metal, rather than filler, oh it needs rear window ruber fitted???
Thanks , I love it.....:smoke:
Oh I need some tyres..prefer white lettered ones.....

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
If it's engine oil on the bonnet/top hose it'll most likely be the front crank seal leaking and the belts are throwing it around. Engine oil is usually 20w/50.
North hants tyres for the....tyres.
I can't help with the rest. The Kent residents on here will help no doubt..

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Ok Jim

Local-ish youve got a little secret place at bermondsey hell be able to sort most things mechanical wise and he stocks almost everything ive been there for and can get anything else needed

Steven Cross 0207 237 1374 but due to health and age i think he only works half days but will answer the phone at let you know if he says hell phone you back he will

Tell him vince with the consul told you to phone :tup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
'offside' can sometimes get confusing when talking about left hand drive cars , do you mean the drivers side or pas side? , if drivers side it could be too much oil in the pas box , @ full lock the pas oil will spray like a fountain out the bleed hole in power steering pump cap , it hits the underside of bonnet & drips over front hoses.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks but its on passengers side and its black oil not red....its a tiny leak, as ive driven the car over a hundred miles...and ive not even seen the dipstick level fall...i started it up,
put my face above fan and belts nothing so , ive dried all the wet bits...checked today after driving about 3 miles last night...no trace.....

·
Registered
250 Posts
dont know if this will be of any help, but one way of tracking oil leaks is,
give the suspect area a good clean and let it dry, once dry give it a good dousing with talc/baby powder then run the engine and as it warms up any leaks will show up dark against the white powder
ttfn glenn

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh thats clever...i think ive got some old spice downstairs, that the kids gave me..lol..thanks....jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts