Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I can't be messin it up!
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the cylinders on my Fiat Doblo Cargo Van. I take out the two screws you can see in pic 1 and I can see nothing else holding metal plate in. Do I even have to take metal work out to take out cylinder or is it all about the white plastic surrounding the cylinder ??? . Thanks for looking and hope to her from you, cheers Dan.

·
I can't be messin it up!
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the type of key cut. This is how the two door keys were when I took over the van . The locks did work sometimes with a lot a messin about jiggling the key , thats why I'm changing the locks. Any more info please.

·
Supercharged 461 cu in
1,407 Posts
Very similar to honda crv, audi, vw etc.

You will prob find a round C clip behind the second ridge, as seen from the top of pic two. You need a pick with a hook or 90 degree bend on it. insert just behind the ridge and lever out sideways. Usually it feels like there is nothing in there as they are fitted into a recess.

·
I can't be messin it up!
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
prostreet70gto many thanks, Job done on the side doors

Back door on this Fiat Doblo cargo remains a mistery. I would need to take the top and bottom rods out to get a picture of the cylinder workings. All I can say it's diferent to the sides , there's no plastic around the cylinder, any more clues please. I would rather not have the bolt on van lock and pad lock, it's a fridge van and not really the right look. Dan.

·
Supercharged 461 cu in
1,407 Posts
Not sure if you have in fact posted a pic of the back door one yet. but you might find its the complete end of handle assy. I have done a few that you just change the end of the handle and they are a piece of piss to get apart, but you dont need to get the cylinder out.

However if you post up a pic i will take a look, i have done literally thousands of locks in the bodyshop

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts