Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this should probably go on the wanted section of the forum but wonder how many people actually read it ?

I am absolutely desperate for a 28 spline shaft for my 9" axle. It needs to be 695mm long from the outer face of the flange to the end of the shaft. If its 4.5 on 5 ford stud fitting, all the better, but I can redrill it.

If you can have a rummage in your parts boxes, I'd be really grateful.

Incidentally, they are small bearing types, if that makes any difference.

Feel free to call me on 07778 904111

Andy

·
Registered
872 Posts
Depends how desperate you get, but might be worth trying Smax over in Canada, he has heaps of contacts over there and in the States...? I have his e-mail address, but you'll need to open your PM messages so I can pass it on to you...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
is that what you broke at shakey?
paul burnham might be worth a call, i kno he hangs onto that sorta stuff & he helped me out!

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Hey Andy

Ive got a pair of stock 5x5 ill double check the lenght when i can find them

830mm but weathered as in rusty and from lincon so big bearing and proberly be no good as used to run discs so large diam on hub face

I had my other ones turned down by WISBEECH eng they do the resplining for the 28 spline check their website for pricing

·
Registered
552 Posts
Andy i have 2 spare 28 spline shafts if u need them i will measure them in the morning, im sure one is about 27 inches and the other about 31 inches but i will let u no tomorrow mate :tup:

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A very decent chap of the NSRA forum has come up trumps for this but keep looking please, just to be on the safe side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts