Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1966 AP6 273 V8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I'm restoring a Chrysler Valiant Australian import 1966 V8. The car was my dads back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. After he passed away it was sold from the family and lost. I have spent years tracking it down and finally got it back :happy:
trouble is, she was sitting for 8 years, in a damp garage, slowly rotting away :cry:
My brother and I have got her going again, New fuel tank, plenty of welding, and tinkering etc but really need help locating more parts. My old work friend Mark (MOPAR) on here suggested joing this forum as there are plenty of helpers and i could possibly find all the help/parts i need to get my project running.
I have her road legal, she drives, but holds back under heavy acceleration. she wont go over 60mph, she needs brakes all round (drums :eek:) so would really like to find
A) a carb. (has a carter 2bbl at the mo, but would love something better!)
B) rear complete axle
C) disc brake conversion for the front
D) rear drums,shoes etc for either new axle or my axle.
E) any and all help available with the project please? :incheek:

Thanks guys and girls

Rob
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/members/robert-barber/albums/my-mopar-1105

·
Registered
785 Posts
nice looking chrysler you have there,
im having similar problems with my chrysler.
find out if any parts cross over from diffrent models.. you would be supprised.
then trawl ebay.

i joined an american forum and just yesterday one of the members sent me a part for free as long as i paid postage..... so dont be afraid to ask for stuff from american or australian sites as well.

·
Got salt
1,305 Posts
I had an ozzy Valiant - 25 years ago - slightly later one, with the Dodge Dart type front. That had discs on the front. I strongly suspect that many parts are the same as US A bodys. Worth checking out.
The 273 (as you probably know) is the same family as the 318 & 360. So an edelbrock performer manifold for a 318 with a 500 Carter/Edelbrock carb ought to be just the job.

·
Registered
967 Posts
nice ap 6 you have ,the early 273 has different bolt angles on the inlet manifold so no not any manifold will fit ,only the early fourbarrel and two barrel im afraid ,and also the ports are smaller ,thier is an aftermarket offy manifold for this engine which i have one of ,but someone has hogged it out to fit onto a later la block so now the ports are mismatched big time ,a real shame as these manifolds are hens teeth, what i did, was used a two barrel holley and a adaptor plate ,and it runs very well, yours maybe ok being a 66 as they went over to the later head about that time but i doubt it ,you would have to look or check the casting numbers ,does it have hydraulic lifters or solid with adjusters

i do have a two barrel standard carb which came off of my valiant your welcome to it if you want it

heres a pic of my val

·
1966 AP6 273 V8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i do have a two barrel standard carb which came off of my valiant your welcome to it if you want it heres a pic of my val [IMG said:
https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/imagehosting/70584e64e3fa733bd.jpg[/IMG]
what a beaut! love the colour. My manifold has the angled fixing bolts instead of the 'straight up' bolts. i am told this is the later one?!
would be interested in the carby for sure, thanks

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.