Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a small lathe ( Clark's fro machine mart ) about 10 years ago ? Iv hardly used it,mostly out of ignorance on how best to use it..:wanker: if anybody is willing to show/ teach me more about it I'd be more than willing for local rodders/bikers use it to help with their projects ?:D

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
Don't live anywhere near you so can't be any direct help, but if you don't find anyone on here, it might be worth checking out your local model engineering club; likely to be full of people who are passionate about making stuff, even if not it's not related to steam models and the like.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea about the club, oh I do play with it,but it's frustrating when one knows there is a better way of doing things..cheers guys

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, my pal Rob who is an excellent machinist lent me a brilliant book called 'The Amateur's Lathe, by L.H. Sparey, ISBN 0 85242 288 1. It's so good I bought my own copy off the internet for less than a tenner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have a look on You Tube - start with the videos by "mrpete222" aka Tubelcain. He does a lot on basic lathes like the Atlas.

Also just try a search for metal turning and go from there.

There's some really intersting stuff out there :tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.