Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help?
my daughter is having her prom on the 4th July.
is there anyone with a rod or fiftys car around kings Lynn/ Wisbech/ Downham market
that can help.
many thanks dave.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Contact Dave Newman at Kings Lynn Kruisers , The club has a few rods / 50's / Customs ect.
He is a very helpfull person as are the members of the Club , Sure they can sort what you need Dave ..

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,347 Posts
Many shy away from proms because you need Hire or reward insurance and VOSA just LOVE to hang around proms especially waiting on limos. You can't even do it as a favour , as that means you expect a favour in return, thus confirming 'reward'.

·
Registered
192 Posts
never realy got that hire or reward thing. if you give say your mates son a lift to a prom in your rod - American car, what if you give a lift in your daily , do you still need hire or reward what if your rod - American car is your daily how does vosa know I can see the problem with limos drove them for 7 years proper taxi licence no more than 8 even in 16 seat hummers, gave it up couldn't stand the agro at proms cant see the problem with taking mates son -daughter to a prom if not getting paid :shake:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,347 Posts
Nope, that generally doesn't work out as a problem as you know them and they know you and enough info shared to keep VOSA happy. Doing it for someone you barely, or don't ,know though...

Speak with someone from Surrey Street Rodders , Police wanted to do them for 'doing a favour' , as stated on a radio show , but giving someone they didn't know a lift to a airport ( if I remember correctly) . Yup, load of people with nothing better to do BUT , in this sue happy culture , there's also always someone looking to blame someone else for something to get 'compo'.

Nothing 'bad' will ever happen to any of us will it ? Nothing even simple like a puncture that puts the car in a ditch ,only lightly, and someone bangs their head a little . Amongst ourselves we'd shake it off and laugh .

·
Registered
301 Posts
i had mr police man pull me about 2 years ago and tryed to do me for no insurance as it was not insured for hire or reward in my mini i was taking my cousin to her prom nothing came of it they just went over the car with a fine tooth comb its not worth the hassle

·
Registered
584 Posts
Police turned up at my Grandaughter's prom last year in a full riot wagon with blues and two's going.

Mind you, they were pretty relaxed about it as when they arrived, door opened and out popped a girl in a prom dress....... & they were happy (or stupid) enough the pose for photos as well...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Psst where you live dave !!! Looks like a bondage with a nun lol ;)

We was all only talking about prom nights coming up in pub tues night and the s,c,w seamed to all say the same loud and smokey when leving the building lol ps John mind the gate post (bump)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts