Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
April 25th 2016. after a drama tring to sell this engine a while ago it is now up for sale here to the first genuine buyer. is a 1st gen hemi engine. it is a 276ci Desoto hemi, early 50's.

this engine requires a full rebuilt and ALL machine work. it has had a welded repair to one cylinder and will require a liner in said cylinder. I bought the engine maybe four years ago, just after the previous owner had it chemically cleaned and crack tested, now it's covered in light surface rust. consists of: block, heads, rockers, crank, oil pan, timing chain cover, rods+pistons and a box which I think contains its main caps, bolts and other assorted stuff relating to the engine. no intake or valve covers.

if anyone is interested in part numbers then please get in touch and i'll reply within the day.

I am moving house and need £450 for my last months rent in the old place at the engine of the month, that is how much i would like for the engine. I bought it for my 32 coupe, this is a real hemi, it doesn't get any better.

it's a small cube motor so would be good on gas and makes lots more torque than you would think from a small engine - this engine was fitted to full-size heavyweight mopars in the 50's... physically it's still a big, wide engine and would look killer in a rod

All speed parts are available from HotHeads in the states.

i have £450 in the engine plus £150 to collect it - i would like £450. collection only from Halifax, West yorkshire.

my apologies to the all the lads i didn't reply to in the past, if anyone has any questions or requires a contact number i will reply within a few hours max. thanks for looking and thankyou to rods n sods.

wrenches for sale 004.jpg wrenches for sale 005.jpg wrenches for sale 006.jpg wrenches for sale 007.jpg

·
on the low down
562 Posts
glws, awesome rare engine for very little money :)

if those centerlines were for sale however :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
PM

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Has anyone ever tried contacting this bloke?

He's been online a few times, but aint replying to any correspondence.

·
on the low down
562 Posts
Rick is a good guy, hes not fast on replying though, iv seen that engine too, seems cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts