Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love the rods that people build, and given a chance would love a duece ever since I saw Milner's in American graffiti.
Haven't got time to build one, but I do own a '81 C3 Corvette that I am currently doing much work on.
I've built a fair few engines in my time but mainly work on diesels nowdays so the big block Vette makes a welcome break:D

Anyway I will lurk hereabouts and see what I can glean. You never know, I might even have something useful to add!!
Cheers. Col.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
welcome col, i think you will find this site most welcoming as it is not a rod only site , trucks, bikes, trikes, customs, lowriders etc all are welcome .
get some pics up of the vette :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
welcome to gearhead heaven:D
banter a plenty:tup:
get chatting mate this is a relly friendly & helpful site:D

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
An '81 with a big block - now that something different! - tell us more:tup:

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
And some of us (ME) know naff all about diesels so your more qualified than some (ME) And i own one :tup:

Welcome to Rods n Sods :tup:
Plus one :tup:
I can tune a blown fuel motor but owned two diesel trucks for over 10years and have no idea how they work !!! :shake:

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An '81 with a big block - now that something different! - tell us more:tup:
Is that your Vette in signature area?

Mine started out as a very underpowered 350 smog monster 4 spd manual.
While I was waiting for my new interior to arrive, I pulled the motor with the idea of rebuilding it with more power and while looking for parts, I stumbled across a blown 454.
Currently machining bits & pieces to get the blower as low as poss so that it doesn't look like a block of flats sticking out of the bonnet.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
hi col and welcome, as has been said already, show us your vette, what sort of diesels do you play with????? modern ones or proper ones with pumps and rattles. i know naf all about them although i have 3 as daily drivers and am looking to put one in my camper (unless i find a cheap blown 454)

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Seeing as a couple of people have asked................

Here's my baby (and some fat git)

Here's one of a pair of "breathed on" marine diesels that I built (300hp each) supercharged and turbocharged........All this to do 40mph!!

This is some of the bigger stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts