Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I've never owned a rod so I could get banned from this forum, but I've had a few interesting cars over the years, been into the custom/American car scene since the late 70's. I might know one of two of you guys already from other forums or past meets mainly in the 80's or in the past couple of years. I used to be a member of Twin Bay Cruisers a Scarborough based Custom Car club that ran for several years up to about the mid 80's. But my music gigs took me away from the car scene for a lot of years. Be good to catch up with anyone that remembers the club or lives in the area. I'm recently come back to the fold and bought a 1968 convertible Mustang 4 years ago but it's currently off the road, went to a few local shows during 2007/8/9 so you might have seen it or me. Hope to meet up with some of you guys in the near future.

cheers

Steve

ps. make that Hi Folks I'm from Yorkshire (it was a bit late)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hiya mate,
first its Yorkyanks, then farcebook and now on here ! It's like being joined at the cyber hip, HA.
Bloody good site this, I've spend days on here.
We will have to have a good chin wag at the next YY meet you can get to.
Mark.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Steve, welcome to Rods & Sods.
I remember Twin Bay, I was in Don Valley Cruisers at the time, or was it lone wolfs?

Russ.
Hi Russ, Do you remember any of the guys from our club? We used to go to a lot of the shows in the early 80's especially in the yorkshire area, most of the guys have moved away from the hobby these days I still see the odd one but they are not really into the car scene anymore with the exception of Phil May if you remember him.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Phil May is alive and kicking, now married to Caroline with a little girl, sold his last Red T Coupe to Maurice Takoor a few years ago now, know him well. would possibly recognise some from the pics but 30 years on theres a lot of beer been drunk since and memories fade!! :tup: Sure i'd remember em if i'd see them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Phil May is alive and kicking, now married to Caroline with a little girl, sold his last Red T Coupe to Maurice Takoor a few years ago now, know him well. would possibly recognise some from the pics but 30 years on theres a lot of beer been drunk since and memories fade!! :tup: Sure i'd remember em if i'd see them.
Russ, Know what ya mean, Phil is probably the only guy from all them years ago that still has an interest in the hobby from our area, he's got a business Coupe somewhere hiding away in his lock up I believe, had a chat with him last summer, just doesn't have the time nowadays though. Pete Ryan, John Davies, Ashley Cunningham, Shaun Coleman, Pete Cooper (yes THE Pete Cooper) all used to come to our weekly meets in Scarborough at The Barn in Osgodby then have a cruise round the seafront and off for some chips next to the old football ground. Pete Ryan was the main man behind it all really, he's a local locksmith now and is more into classic bikes (if he ever gets a day off). John Davies is into shooting/guns etc (lives in Bridlington), Ashley Cunningham went to the States where if my info is correct now works in one of the many custom shops over there.(not seen or heard from him for years) Shaun Coleman got involved in the family building business in Bridlington I think and that bloke called Pete Cooper ran a fairly successful car parts business for many years in Pickering. A guy called Simon used to come too from Pickering, he ran a Red Humber Hawk but I can't remember his last name. I've got loads of old embarrassing photos somewhere of some of the shows we all went to when most of them either had hair and or could get into a a pair of 30" waist flared jeans...lol....Those were't days!!!

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Got me thinking about Don Valley Cruisers back in the late 70's early eighties, i'm pleased (if a little shocked after reading that) most my mates are all still in it!!
Russ.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Ha ! took you long enough to get ere bud .

Think simons hawk was up for grabs on fleabay not long ago , he bought the carpets out of my humber (cos they were red )when we stripped it to build the gasser all them years ago , his parents had the pub at wrelton ? on the road to kirbymoorside.

Did you get rich on board to do them sill's ? The suns out now, time it was back on the road !

See you soon ,

Neil

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha ! took you long enough to get ere bud .

Think simons hawk was up for grabs on fleabay not long ago , he bought the carpets out of my humber (cos they were red )when we stripped it to build the gasser all them years ago , his parents had the pub at wrelton ? on the road to kirbymoorside.

Did you get rich on board to do them sill's ? The suns out now, time it was back on the road !

See you soon ,

Neil
Yeah Neil, looks like I joined about 4 months ago but forgot my password, I got Rich lined up on New Years Eve to come and do some work, but he's been round once to look at it and I'm having trouble getting him to come over, I know he's busy, but I've offered him a load of work here and it's just sat here waiting for somebody to do it. Hopefully I'll see some action before the end of this summer.

Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts