Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, didn't know it existed till looking up clive miles on google (sad news, haven't seen him in many years).
Anyway about m'self, born in 53 and got into customs in the early 70's, swapped a 63 E-type and cash for Clive's 64 Buick Riv space oddessy then got him to do my 67 Buick Riv, he also did one of my 650 bonnies before he moved to westbury.

Ran a few pubs since then, brunswick, ensbury pk, O'neils in bournemouth, the golden hind eastliegh, new bridge inn southamton, and carisbrroke arms in gosport.
Had a few motors over the years apart from the above including: Mach 1 boss mustang, 65 drophead 289 mustang, jaguar xjr v12, 68 firebird, 70 and 74 trans am's, ford ltd, 69 pontiac grand prix, olds toronado along with others I cannot remember.
These days livin' down in the south west with my bikes and looking to start another project when I can raise some funds.

Hope you all had a good christmas and enjoy the new year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See if I can find some, seems my ex wives have most of them and for some reason they aint giving them up. Dont understand, it you leave one for another that's 19 years younger and she gets the hump and throws my stuff in the garbage.

Thanx for the welcome, tea and biccies always on in Cornwall

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might be the wrong place for this but here goes (sumone can always move it.
The story involves Clive miles when he was creating The Egyptitan.

He had in his shop in somerset bournemouth my 67 riv well known at the time around town as it was parked outside me old man's pub in springbourne. She was jacked, flamed, gold leaf on the roof, chrome rocket mags and clive did all the paint work. Trouble was there was this bleeding great cactus on the boot lid, I asked him what the f""""" that was for and he told me he ran part of the boot paint and as did not have enough time to re-do the lid he covered up the mark with this cactus, course as usual it took him so long to finish the bloody thing I was just happy to get it back. What I didn't know for many years was he told eveybody else that I said to him "thats not american enough" so he put a catus on the boot. Never did understand why people sniggered at me so much.

Riv's name by the way was "American Blue", sold it after 3 years and never saw her again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your not to bored yet: here are a three cars I SHOULD have bought but didn't.
55 vette that was up for £200 (yes two hundred quid) outside an american car dealers in thornton heath (can't remember the name of the shop).
63 split screen 327 vette and a 69 jenson interceptor both for £1100 each from ted kerr a well known car dealer in Bournemouth.

I still have knightmares bout that 55 thinking "that aint gonna be worth much". You sad, sad man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts