Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just found your forum so thought I'd sign up and see what's happening. I built a nice T-Bucket which was on the front cover of Custom Car magazine in the April 1990 issue (for those of you with a library of back issues). I currently don't have a Hot-Rod or a Yank but I'd love to know if my hot rod is still out there anywhere?

It was Ed Wimble-based with a Rover 3.5, Jag rear, 8 straight pipes etc.

I also have a whole wealth of Street Machine and Custom Car magazines I want to get rid of - I have the first few years of Street Machine magazines in the official binders, I even still have the free sticker in Issue 1 of Street Machine magazine.

I also collect the die-cast and plastic hot rod kits from America - I have rather a lot of that stuff but I'm not selling it! Any fellow collectors out there?

Thanks for now,

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Welcome to Rods'n'Sods, somebody on here will know what happened to it. Put up a couple of pics.

Rog.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
That's the one! And yes, that's me....
Welcome to the site by the way.

I remember seeing you driving the T round that shopping area car park by the A127 Basildon sometime in the 90s-they tryed to start a weekly car meet there.Ken Robbins red Nomad was there and Wilf Stacey in his orenge Mk2 Zephur.

I collect models by the way-got a few:shake:

Have you looked on the Southend thread in history? (thats where i posted the newspaper cutting)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pointers - I have looked through the Southend history thread and will try to post some of my old photos when I get the chance.

Regards, Dave

·
It's me!
361 Posts
Hey Dave, didn't you used to have a mustang and play in a band at "The Bull" in Basildon also?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear Col,

Yep, sure did, still play in a band too and have just released my 5th album with my current band. Were you in a band yourself (I vaguely remember a guitarist called Colin in a band called 'New Shoes')?

Dave

·
It's me!
361 Posts
Not in a band but a permanent fixture at the bar of the Bull! :drunk:

I remember chatting to you about cars one night when you had your mustang there.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Hello . I now have the car and its for sale at the right price . I will be putting it on this site when they let me for sale but because im a new member I thing I have to wait . cheers little T

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I remember it well, used to see it occasionally in southend, it was around the same time as i was building my T, hope to get mine back on the road soon. good to see its still in great condition and those slot mags are to die for :rule:

·
Registered
602 Posts
dont post pics like that, it makes me want mine on the road now, shame i neglected her for 10 years.
oooh errr, that's absolutely spot on, am I jealous no, envious, yes, come on lottery numbers, its got to be my time...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts