Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1946 - 4 door Mercury that I have had for app. 20 years.
I am retrofitting a 351 cleevo and C10 auto over a Jag series 3 front end of which I am trying to get as low to the ground within the regulations.
I have just extended my shed so it is all starting to happen.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Hi 46'er Welcome to Rods'n'Sods ........Post up some pics of that Merc !!! ...............................:tup:
..Nige..

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
HI from up over here :D welcome to rods and sods your second home
:yeahthat: post some pics up of the car we like cars here :mrgreen:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,welcome to this wonderful forum...i'm a new member too so i'm just finding my way around it.
I own a car from your side of the world...a 1974 Ford Falcon XB Coupe,they are pretty rare here in the Uk but they pop up from time to time.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your 46.
Enjoy the forum.

Cheers Crawfy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the Welcome

Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Hood Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Metal
I havent really got a good shot of the Mercury, but the attached photos will give you an idea.
The photos show a Holden HK front end but I am using the Jag because it has a power assisted rack. I will use a Bronco sump and pick up to get past the rack.
I am using a ZH Fairline disc brake rear end and I want use commodore rear suspension set up rather than the leaf springs - all in the quest to get her low.
I also have a FX sedan that is mostly original wit the the original grey in her and corresponding numbers including the number paltes. The only alterations is I have put lower springs in the original front end and use wide chromies with FX stud pattern centres. It has twin carbs, extractors and beer injection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts