Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Hope you can help me, as I am thinking of purchasing the components to build a hot rod / rat rod 1930's Closed Cab Pick Up Truck.

Not sure if I want a standard or chopped roof.

Wanting info on
  • Body Tubs, Load Beds etc.
  • Chassis
  • Engines
  • Interiors
  • Running Gear
  • Registration / SVA / IVA / Rebody etc

I have seen "Hardy County Hotrods" website and like the '32 Ford closed cab pick up, but there is not much information on this company.

What sort of budget will I need, I am not looking for a show stopper, but something I can enjoy using occasionally, as I have a few other toys.

Is there any build blog, were someone has used one of these tubs as mentioned above.

Any advice is welcomed.

Sorry to ask stupid questions.

·
Registered
545 Posts
:tup: If you are into cars get yourself to the O.K. Diner ( A19 near Hartlepool) second Tuesday of the month 6.00 - 9.00.!!!! A crowd of us meet there for a chat. Introduce yourself and ask for advice. We don't bite!!!! Philip

·
Registered
701 Posts
:tup: If you are into cars get yourself to the O.K. Diner ( A19 near Hartlepool) second Tuesday of the month 6.00 - 9.00.!!!! A crowd of us meet there for a chat. Introduce yourself and ask for advice. We don't bite!!!! Philip
As Philip says, it's worth a look along to the Diner, they're a friendly bunch and the cars will certainly give you inspiration (I'm going to try and be there this month!)

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
welcome to the nut hoose, and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask:tup:
shameless plug, I have this steel cab coming in, feck knows what it's off, wont know till it gets here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks All.

Should be able to make it to the one in June no problem. I work away most the time in Vietnam (got another 5 weeks out here), so my cars are my way of escaping the mrs when I am home, well its nearly cheaper than divorce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts