Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I was told about this site by a fellow hot rodder and, as I also build models, felt this was a good place to start using this forum.

I have posted three pictures of some '32 Fords I have built. The first is a from the box Revell kit, the second has had a lot of mods done to it and the third is kit-bashed from three kits. Enjoy!

I'm off work this week so I'll spend some time looking around this site - looks like I'm gonna enjoy it! :happy:

Cheers,

Jim

Cheap Sunglasses - so dark they don't even know your name

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Helloooo jwhalen; Great lookng models ya got there. The fenderless 3 Window is exactly the type of 32' I'm hoping to start my new hobby off with. They really are a helpful bunch of folks on here, I'm sure your going to enjoy it. Billy :tup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hi Jim, nice to see you over here from the IPMS site - bit more to be looking at over here for us I think. For those who don't know, there is I believe more than one competition winner there plus at least one magazine feature car:D

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
lov the red roadster , must do some stuff with all the left over bits i have, lov it, :smoke:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Smashing stuff, your taste is definatelly like mine as i did my revell 3 window stright from the box to, even dam near the same red. Hell, i love all 3!. Rockabillybilly's right good bunch of geezers on here, loads of feedback when i wanted some advice, so stick around.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Welcome aboard, wow, nice clean builds Jim. Like them all.

Can you give s all a bit more info on the paint used on the fenderless 3 window? Chromaflair or something similar I guess, where's it from, is it hard to apply?

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
459 Posts
A worthy magazine car! even though im not a great lover of IFS's on early iron, i have to say the front end is a realy nicely done modification.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome and comments about the models.

Cycolac Fan- Voyager scanned my article in above which may answer your question. But in case you find the print hard to read the paint is Halfords Primer, Alclad gloss black basecoat, Alcald prismatic maple and cleared with Zero 2-pack. It was then polished using a polishing set, and finished with compounds (Novus 2) and wax before being finished with Novus 1. Once I worked out a combination that didn't react with the resin body and each other it wasn't too much hassle to get the finish.

Cheers,

Jim

Cheap Sunglasses - so dark they don't even know your name

1 - 10 of 10 Posts