Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm a newbie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Brett and have just purchased 'Wildthing' a 1951 Ford Pop with big block engine,

I am looking for any info on her and any help as she wont run at the moment, she did when I picked her up but between collecting her and bring her back to her new home on the south coast, she is having non of it.

So I have a few questions to ask:-

Are there any good tuning companies in the New Forest?

Where are the local meets? (Southampton to Bournemouth)

What other members are local to me?

I look forward to your replies

Regards Brett

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Hi Brett and welcome to the Forum. When you say 'Wild Thing' are you refering to the old 'Wild Thing' that drag raced many years back when owned by Brian Gibson from Harrow? If so that is a real piece of history.
I'm not a Dorset guy but I would say that Valley Gas are ideal for your needs:

Valley Gas Speed Shop

·
I'm a newbie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! That's the one

I'm looking for as much info as possible, i have a whole folder of receipts for parts and work done and a little bit of History but any more would be a great help.

The front end needs a few patches but I can easily sort that as it's my trade.

I am a Pattern Maker by trade so if anyone is looking for some fibreglass repairs, I'll have a look at them and can also offer the service of making custom fibreglass parts.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Off the top of my head I would say that time spent trawling through the Timetravel video site would be worthwhile as would looking on the UKDRN forum. Timetravel is a member on here and the forum is a nostalgic drag racing UK based one.

·
I'm a newbie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Chris

Are you having a meet over the christmas period? and if so is it going to be at 'The Railway'?

Brett

1 - 8 of 8 Posts