Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Tom :) I'm 15 and I'm from Birmingham :) I recently brought my first car for me and my Dad to... I don't really know how to say it but... make it into a bare bones hotrod. It's a 1926 Ford model T. There isn't much to it at the moment but it's work in progress! it is the first car we have ever done! Recently, over the past year or so of my life I have been dying to get a project for me and my Dad to do and now finally my wish has come true! So far we have... managed to fit it in the garage! Which was a big achievement if you had seen the garage beforehand!

These are the photo's of the car before we went to see it and we decided that we was definitely going to go and check it out! To start of with we didn't think it was what we wanted, but the more we looked to more it grew on us!

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Great 1st post dude, and good to see a younger guy doing the right thing :) Bry

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Our son Paul built his first hotrod at 15. It was also a "T" . Good luck with the build. What a starter. Oh! Welcome!!
Charlie.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hey Tom.
Glad to see Marco's little modified found a good home!
It's cool that you are building it with your old man. I am doing the same with my Dad at the moment with a very similar car. Model A chassis, T body, early Ford axles and a flathead. I'm 34 and the old fella is pushing 70!
What are your plans with it? Keeping the flathead?
I'm only in Solihull mate if you ever need help or advice.
Gavin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks and were keeping the flathead and so far on plans, it's just to get it up and running with the bare minimum and on the road as soon as possible! Once we have got it on the road we are going to finish all the other little bits :) I think were going to take it as it comes :)

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
tom :shocked: thats amazing its great to see youngens getting into rods that thous rubbish clios saxos and modern rubbish and hes right lots of rodders in brum im in quinton oldbury b68 id love to see this im mad on anything old and im so jel you got a model T :lol:
thumbs up for this fella and dad :D :tup: :tup: :tup:
WELCOME TO RODS AND SODS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahaha Thanks!! :D And I agree modern cars ain't cars, there just posh over the top gadget wagons! You can't beat a good classic!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Nice one Tom - Can I be your dad? would love to build a car with my lad but he would't even let me help him put the tint on his MGZR windows (you see my problem) - he won't go near my 32 Coupe ........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts