Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Barry, I am a long time sufferer of classic cars and yanks and even partial to the odd retro tin.
I was a member of N.S.R.A. forum some time ago but after the last update to the site I was supposed to re register but just didn't bother due to some thread viewings been limited to subscription payers.
I've been a bit of a lurker on here but don't get online often so didn't register.
So i know a couple of folk on here already be it from the other site or Leeds cruise etc.
My current situation is I'm without cruise and show wheels so have missed out on a lot of shows and local meets this year due to mindless vandalism. My insurers are dragging there feet a bit but its a yank so its to be expected that some parts are hard to find.
This brings me to the reason I've joined this forum in attempt to find me a put me on set of wheels. I'm hoping to pic up a winter bargain to roll though out early spring.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Hi Barry, welcome to Rodsnsods. Good luck with your search for a set of wheels here. The beauty of the rod and yank scene is that there's a car for every budget, and if you buy something pre 1970 now from the states, there's no Vat to pay anymore, so it's relatively cheap to import cars again. Maybe that's a route you could consider if you can't find anything here? All the best from a soft southerner!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. Although it is proving difficult to find the right car, I'm sure one will turn up. Otherwise I'll be buying a beetle as a put me on. Should I run and hide now?
Spring is just around the corner and I'm stuck with nothing to roll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts