Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know a lot of you guys have more hobbies than just cars ,i have too many and dont get the time to make the most of them all but i really enjoy them ..i also play drums for a small band and i play golf as well as working on my cars ..another hobby i have is birds ,i keep canaries and british finches so i just wandered if there were anybody else on here keep them

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Funny how things go but cars are much less of the obsession they used to be. My car building days are over and I haven't been to a show in 2 years. However I do have other interests and these have kind of taken over my time and money spent on cars.
I love my bikes, I had a bike license first and the cars followed. Just finishing a little 76 Honda CD175 and planning to buy/build an older Sportster Flat Tracker . Pinstriping, messing with airbrushes and tapes is also something I really enjoy. I'm not very good and don't have much gear right now but either way i just enjoy making a mess. Actually giving up on most of the car shows this year so I can attend more arty type events, go on a 2 day course and afford to put up a new small studio/workshop to hide in.

All good fun :smoke:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I paint (oils) a fair bit more than I play with my car now, I've sung on and off with a couple of bands, read religiously every day. My dad keeps canaries and finches though, I used to feed his zebra finches every morning when I was a kid :)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
building and playing cigarbox guitars. playing them on stage together with my daughter's band. (she is shitloads better than me, i dont care)
start laughing, lego's :p i love reading about the WW2 technical engineering. and currently restoring yet another holder two wheel tractor.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I've always thought that being obsessive about one thing is not healthy, so I listen to music (new stuff as well because if you can sort through all the crap there are still some good bands/singers around) Also tried to play the guitar on and off over the years - I know all the notes and chords to loads of songs, getting 'em in the right order is a real bugger though . . . Then there's the reading - presently working through various David Baldachi books. Collect model cars as well. And of course Wife, daughter and grandchildren take up a lot of time too.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
I've spent far too much time and money on my hobby of collecting model vehicles, especially vintage British die-cast toys. I also enjoy playing the guitar, rambling in the countryside and trying (rarely successfully) to take 'arty' photos.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
kinda gone full circle , as i kid i collected WW2 militaria, then sold it all to get my first motorbike,then got into Hotrods roll forward another 30+ years ,get back into bikes and lately started collecting WW2 German Militaria mainly helmets and caps got a dozen or so since last november and growing :shock:.Also play guitar in fact my missus bought me a awsome les Paul for my 50th last year:D. trouble is don't seem to get the inclanation or time to get on with my 34 or the Chevy truck:shake:

ps, if you come across some old german shit let me know;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts