Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should all 4 butterflyies open when i rev the car,at the moment only 2 open,its running a bit rough when i stick my foot down,tick over is fine any advise please thanks its on a rv8

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
no if it is a vacum secondery one the other two will only open with enough vacum in the intake manifold. Higher revs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Holley carb

Had similar problem,great on tickover and light throttle crap when i tried to give it some.Turned out to be float levels,went on you- tube put in how to set up holley? came up with box wrench video,very helpful:tup:

·
My name is Martin
2,614 Posts
You need load on the engine in order to pull the vacuum required to open the secondarys.

If you want to know whether the secondarys are the fault then jam them shut on the linkage.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
you need to set up your pump shot and vacuum secondaries opening. Lots of guides on the net and good books for the 4150 carb. Real Steel sell everything you'll need. Not just a case of telling you how it's done, you need to experiement to see what suits your engine and driving style and it's better explained in the Holey books.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts