Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had a small block Chevy, 350 cu in, crate motor, mild Edelbrock cam and an Edelbrock manifold, just for street use, what carb would you go for??

And of course, what CFM??

Paul

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
for reliabilty and driveabilty on a mild engine tune i`d go for a 600 cfm edelbrook. i had a 750 edelbrook on my 383 sbc with the rpm package worked fine .but in the search for more power, i had a different cam and changed to dart pro 1 heads i went for a holley 750 double pumper.the proof was on the dyno, with the edelbrook 750 the engine made 20 horse power less than the holley 750 double pumper

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
edelbrock if you get the whole package. If you want more power/tuneability get the Holley.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
For power a Holley double pumper takes some beating but Edelbrock run well out of the box if you pick the right one for your application.
Most of the problems with Holley tend to be down to old worn carbs, wrong choice for the engine spec or problems due to fuel delivery often pressure too high or low. If you buy a new Holley that matches the size and tune of your engine it will run as well as anything else.
Also with Holley the range of tuning upgrades is huge.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your input.

The engine has an Edelbrock on it at the mo and runs ok, just wondering whether a holley would be better and give it a bit more power.

Perhaps 2 500's and a blower, might have to do a bit more internally, but just think of the grin factor lol!!

Paul

·
Registered
20 Posts
Paul
You can borrow the Holley off my Pop to try if you want. Can't see me needing it in the next few months!

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts