Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....i'm gonna put a four barrel carb on my rover V8......but which one? Anyone know the pro's and con's of either? I wwill want to fit 'flat' valve covers as well (rover ones are lopsided), so clearance would be important. your veiws would be very welcome :)

Russ

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Russ,
Iv just done a 3.9 rover for a customer and he bought a package that had cam,edelbrock performer manifold and 500 cfm carb(which i thought a bit big.All fitted nice and seems to behave quite well ,He,s gonna have it dyno'd so will know how good it is.Tuning the edelbrocks is harder but more presice coz they have jets and metering rods so a lot of combinations for cruise /power are there (kits avaliable from real steel) the holley 390 is a well proven carb for the rover and both carbs are simular dimentions,depends on your intentions and power requirements .

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
carter/edelbrock, :tup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have calibrated both Holley and Edelbrock carbs over the years but I have never back to back tested for full power results so I cant answer for sure that result, although I suspect there is little to choose between them. What I can say is that the Edelbrock, although a little more time consuming to calibrate, does have better fueling control, enabling a much more accurate mixture for the cruise and low RPM areas, but still allows good mixture for WOT applications.
For road use I would always recommend an Edelbrock as I am sure you would get your money back on fuel savings within a short time.
-Alan-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts