Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this all started last night, i was sitting on the sofa watching the box , next thing i knew i was doubled up in serious pain in my chest, talk about scare , couldnt breathe , going hot and cold, this went on for what seemed for ever , wife panics, kids crying, she calls an ambulance gets to the hospital, wired me up like a sun tunning machine stick needles in me, dose me with pain killer and muscle relaxent, turns out that i may have sufferd a minute hart attack, well after many tests they let me home today , now this realy gave me a kick up the arse to change my diet ( no more santa pod burgers ) and was told to quit the **** (shit ) has anyone else had a scare like this???

·
Registered
676 Posts
Holy Shit indeed, scary stuff but glad to hear your ok. Sounds like you need to stop the ciggys and watch the grub. Take it easy :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
My BIGGEST FEAR mate!! Family history!! Glad you're OK.
Charlie!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hope you feel match fit soon. Had a nasty one a few years back. Went in fot a "routine" op. They dropped a bollock in theatre and I wound up in a coma. They werent sure if I'd survive as apparently had no oxygen to my brain for 6 minutes (explains a lot). Seem fine now though, although opinions vary!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Re: holy ****....

I feel for you and your family. When I was pregnant, literally two months, We found out that my husband had a narrow aorta. He wasn't feeling well and you know how men are, they just put up with things. We went and told his Dad who replied well I have cancer! To cut a long story short my Father In Law died in April three days before my Birthday and I ended up in hospital at the beginning of August. I was confined to my bed with severe Pre-eclampsia and hating every minute of it. Hubby went to Guys and had heart surgery on Friday 13th of August. There was absolutely nothing I could do because I wasn't allowed out of my hospital bed.
On Wednesday the 18th of August the doctors said I was going in for an emergency C section. Two minutes late hubby walked through the door!! Our daughter was born at 18.40pm weighing 3lb 7 1/2oz at 33 weeks. She was imediately taken to the Special Care Unit. I actually held her 24 hours after she was born. We spent the next few weeks in hospital learning to look after this tiny little helpless girl.
It was a time of my life that was total mayhem. A few years later I was diagnosed with Diabetes, which they say was caused by severe trauma. Don't know where they got that idea from!!!
Anyway I appreciate my husband, I dote on my daughter and I definitely am not having anymore kids!!
I thought Diabetes was a life sentence at the time but now I have learnt to cope with it.
Things like heart attacks make you realise what is important in life and how short it really is.
I will do my best to support my daughter through life. She is the reason that I am here.
This is your wake-up call, make sure it grabs you by the bollocks and makes you stand up and make the best of your life.

:hug:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,050 Posts
No heart attacks though I did have an overload of the protein that a heart attack drops into your blood stream as a marker ( creatnine kinase /ck) that was close to causing multiple organ failure . I think that was the 5th ,though it may have been 6th , time I dodged the man with the scythe.:tup:

Close calls SHOULD make you realise what is truly important .Some fail to act on it though :tdown:

A realisation that you have been very lucky , or are on borrowed time ,can be really liberating and rewarding.

Bilabong, take it as a warning shot and learn the lessons :tup:

Hot rod girl ,I'm up the hospital on Thursday to look at the possibility of becoming diabetic ( not from choice ! ) . Just had a big panic over possible pancreatic cancer which also discovered a wrecked pancreas so need to see how much life is left in it.

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Wasnt as bad as you Bilabong, but a had lots of chest pains a few years back.
Like you was wired up ect. Had loads of tests & the only thing they could put it down to, was too much stress & coffee !
Trying to reduce the stress & strugling with the coffee :shake: (long term caffiene junky). Still get the pains now & again, but not nearly as bad.
My mum had a heart attack in her mid forties, so its on my mind.

Take yours as a warning mate & make some changes & take it easy :tup:

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
glad your here to tell us what happened ,its better than someone else telling us bad news ,take it by the horns now and what the docs say is your new path to take .not everyone gets a second chance .get well soon
wayne

·
Registered
213 Posts
Don't know how the cigarette prices are in England, but here in Norway any gearhead that quit the ****, may cash in a pair of Chevy small block aluminium heads after 1 year.
The year after, he may buy a complete set of tubular SS A-arms?
And so on...
Your "wake up call" may have som bright sides too!

Good luck and I wish you all well.:tup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hot rod girl ,I'm up the hospital on Thursday to look at the possibility of becoming diabetic ( not from choice ! ) . Just had a big panic over possible pancreatic cancer which also discovered a wrecked pancreas so need to see how much life is left in it.

Hi Kapri

Well you are having a funtime of it!! You need to find your local support group and sign up for Diabetes UK if you are Diabetic. It is easier if you have people you can chat to. I have a guy here at work who is Diabetic and we quite often chat. He is on insulin, which I don't want to do. So I work hard on my diet and take tablets. It has certainly made me more aware of what I eat.
If you want to chat please contact me. I am no expert but I have been through it.

Cheers
Hotrod Girl

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, you realy make me fell that you care, this site seems more like a family and i realy appreciate it , yes will do as im told like you say its a kick up the arse and my family means the world to me, so thankyou from me and my family :tup::tup::tup::tup:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,050 Posts
Hi Kapri

Well you are having a funtime of it!! You need to find your local support group and sign up for Diabetes UK if you are Diabetic. It is easier if you have people you can chat to. I have a guy here at work who is Diabetic and we quite often chat. He is on insulin, which I don't want to do. So I work hard on my diet and take tablets. It has certainly made me more aware of what I eat.
If you want to chat please contact me. I am no expert but I have been through it.

Cheers
Hotrod Girl
Marians father was diabetic for years so have a fair idea but thanks for the info and offer of support . I have kidney problems so going diabetic at some stage has always been a worry. I've had to inject other medication before so not so much of a worry there but would rather ,if it happens, try to control with (more) tablets and diet :tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts