Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any of you help please.. i normaly use the windows camera wizard thing on my computer to view and download pic's i've taken to my pc. but its not poping up when i plug my camera in via a usb port as it normally does.
normally when plugging my camera to my pc i get a pop up ULEAD AUTODETECTOR showing PHOTOIMPACT10.0 (which i dont like to use)then quickly followed by the windows one but only the first opion is now working can anyone advise! and help me find it!

ian

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
There always used to be a clash with the Scanner/Camera wizard and Real Player on windows XP if I remember right.

Uninstalling Real Player used to fix the prob :tup:

Not sure if that matches what you have installed ?

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the camera connected double click My Computer it should show in there without having to change anything and just then double click the camera

BUT im not 100%
vince it shows up in my computer as removable disc (G:) ?

There always used to be a clash with the Scanner/Camera wizard and Real Player on windows XP if I remember right.

Uninstalling Real Player used to fix the prob :tup:

Not sure if that matches what you have installed ?
ill give that a go boss as i have realplayer installed:tup:
did i see you drifting in to the pop parts plus stall on sunday with a bird up the duffer:incheek: both in hoodies? if so i hopped to bump in to you later as i was chatting at the time! but missed you:tdown:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
:tup: yep mate.

I was looking round for you but I think you might have been in the wrong area :incheek:

Didn't stop that long as we were visiting relatives as well :tdown:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok si ive removed realplayer via add and remove programs, it did say some things could not be removed! rebooted and tryed connecting the camera and still no windows wizard... help

i can view the content of the camera like vince said but dont download or dont know how to, but i would like my old way back as i knew what i was doing that way... i am 47 next month you know:incheek:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
si, this problem has reappeared... ive redone the above steps but no joy any help please

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not sure if ive done what you asked exactly but when i plug it in it shows up as a removable disc (f) in "my computer"
cheers ian

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bob think ive fixed it ... number one son has been messing with it and had turned off the option. after some shouting its started working again, although he said he never touched it... yeh right bloody kids, tut

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
sqweaka;221325 said:
not sure if ive done what you asked exactly but when i plug it in it shows up as a removable disc (f) in "my computer"
cheers ian
Thats what it should have shown if you had have right click it and open you would have be ok

Anyway you found the prob,......:tup:

Bob...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts