Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Press chuck system for my hydraulic press after something went spang and flew out the side and tried to attack me during use.
The odd shapes are for pushing motorcycle cranks apart, theyre made from rangerover halfshafts

This one is for pressing iso40 cone shaped holes into shelves to make tooling stands :)

Like this

Another thing I was quite pleased with how it came out was a wobble broach, Ive made one for my lathe and plan to do the same for the mill. The first section is changeable so it can wobble different shaped holes into things, and they work by introducing a slight error into the spindle compared to the lathe/mill's axis, so each rotation it wobbles slightly and the wobble draws the tool cutting edges on the insert into the workpiece.

Square hole in progress

Here's a inhex made with the same tool

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Press chuck system for my hydraulic press after something went spang and flew out the side and tried to attack me during use.
The odd shapes are for pushing motorcycle cranks apart, theyre made from rangerover halfshafts

This one is for pressing iso40 cone shaped holes into shelves to make tooling stands :)

Like this

Another thing I was quite pleased with how it came out was a wobble broach, Ive made one for my lathe and plan to do the same for the mill. The first section is changeable so it can wobble different shaped holes into things, and they work by introducing a slight error into the spindle compared to the lathe/mill's axis, so each rotation it wobbles slightly and the wobble draws the tool cutting edges on the insert into the workpiece.

Square hole in progress

Here's a inhex made with the same tool
can't see any pics here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts