Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi sjb I have been looking for pics of the same,58 chev wagon 2 door me and a mate (ginger) paul built it in the 70s it was originaly orange and came from a piano dealer in queens road Walthamstow we done the conversion in our garage in poplars road at the bakers arms leyton,all we done was American stuff if you know terry @ andy, or ray shabi im sure one of there mates bought it, the late nick orm used to smoke it about as well when he had his 37 chev coupe and 55 two door down at our workshop, I also cut down a 54-55 crown vicy into a truck as well the one with glass roof and s/s molding over roof terry and and ended up with it but no one seems to have photos of either of them.

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
I forgot bout this... had it when I lived in Cornwall 91/92

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Not really a pickup but......

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Hi sjb I have been looking for pics of the same,58 chev wagon 2 door me and a mate (ginger) paul built it in the 70s it was originaly orange and came from a piano dealer in queens road Walthamstow we done the conversion in our garage in poplars road at the bakers arms leyton,all we done was American stuff if you know terry @ andy, or ray shabi im sure one of there mates bought it, the late nick orm used to smoke it about as well when he had his 37 chev coupe and 55 two door down at our workshop, I also cut down a 54-55 crown vicy into a truck as well the one with glass roof and s/s molding over roof terry and and ended up with it but no one seems to have photos of either of them.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Re the Caddy converts:

"1975 Evel Knievel bought the first car made by the Cadillac Truck and Station Wagon company that James Kribbs started, what a great start for a small business. James Kribbs, was a manager at Wilshire Cadillac on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills, California. He worked with a chap named Jack Patrick. Over a meal, one Friday, they chatted together about the possibility of converting Cadillacs into pickup trucks and station wagons. The following Monday James Kribbs went back to work and was shown 3 sketches that Jack Patrick had made during the weekend. James was impressed with the drawings and decided to start the company immediately, while continuing to do business with Wilshire Cadillac. He named the outfit "Traditional Coachworks", it was located in Chatsworth, CA. The very first conversion was a pink Cadillac pickup truck, bought by stuntman extraordinaire, Evel Knievel. He liked it to the point of ordering a second one, white this time, with extra chrome; that car was used in the movie about his life."

281 - 300 of 315 Posts