Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals

I am looking to start a hot rod project..

I am looking for a chassis.. Has to have or easy enough to obtain the v5/logbook.. Would prefer tax exempt but other than that I'd consiser anything..

Looking to build a gpr 34 3 window if that helps??

Austin, Riley, Ford pop, prefect???

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Rover p4 wheelbase is 111 inches 34 ford 112 inches?....I know what I would look for on evil bay......separate chassis free re body test totally legal.....hmmmm

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rover p4 wheelbase is 111 inches 34 ford 112 inches?....I know what I would look for on evil bay......separate chassis free re body test totally legal.....hmmmm
Hello matey.. Could you explain the bit about the re body test please??

I am new to this so please forgive a stupid question!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Hello matey.. Could you explain the bit about the re body test please??

I am new to this so please forgive a stupid question!!
It's not a stupid question mate....we are all here to help each other.....stripping the rules down to simplify the explanation here. Under dvla/vosa rules it is perfectly legal to remove the body from a car like the 50,s rover and use the chassis and axles etc and keep the rovers I.D and put a replacement body on in ts place. When you finish the vehicle you have it inspected at yer local vosa test station for free and at the end of it you have a legal rod that Brussels can't touch....kapri on here will keep you right

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not a stupid question mate....we are all here to help each other.....stripping the rules down to simplify the explanation here. Under dvla/vosa rules it is perfectly legal to remove the body from a car like the 50,s rover and use the chassis and axles etc and keep the rovers I.D and put a replacement body on in ts place. When you finish the vehicle you have it inspected at yer local vosa test station for free and at the end of it you have a legal rod that Brussels can't touch....kapri on here will keep you right
O right thanks mate.. Sounds simpke enough..

I have been ebaying the usual ford pops austins etc.. I can only seem to find triumphs within my price range at the minute but I am worries that lengthening the wheelbase may fall fail of the mentioned bosa check?? I'll tey and find this kapri fellow and see if he can set me straight..

Thank you very much for the insight though and I now have a better idea of what the plan is! Cheers matey!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for input.. Will check out the ace website..

Regarding the land rover chassis I have looked at them and its not really what I am after.. Thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Hi buddy -i have a 1950's Riley RME with body on (no wings or doors) and engine and box still in situ, albeit been open to the elements for many years.
It's in a place just north of you.
I also have the V5c -1 previous owner !!
Louie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi buddy -i have a 1950's Riley RME with body on (no wings or doors) and engine and box still in situ, albeit been open to the elements for many years.
It's in a place just north of you.
I also have the V5c -1 previous owner !!
Louie
HAve messaged you pal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
New unused chassis Probuilt for a model Y on ebay now and its cheap at £110 or you can make an offer

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

It's probuilt on a jig. brand new unused . Dave on : 07900 224131

1 - 11 of 11 Posts