Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right then..,i had a masssive weekend,massive hangover on sat (cheers bry,sid,andy,frank,rog and the boys)

i achieved all i set out to do with project torment,managed to give it a quick boot in the cacklefest..then broke the throttle linkage.:tdown: huge thanx go out to my crew..bigjob,bigyellataxi,and the nightingale bros.

alan martin and the organisors you all should be knighted for services to entertainment.

ginner will you please learn to play that fukkin trumpet...:pmsl:

so.....how many of the collective managed personal bests???

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
is it just me?

or does liam remind you of anyone from an old tv show? :pmsl::D:lol::S:crazy:

Sid.

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jesus....your quite right....:pmsl:

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
some pics from sat.

Attachments

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
liam "the reverand" maltby.... :smoke:

had the best hotrod drags yet!
great people,food,lots of beer, racing everything was good.
we ran a 10.75 and had no damage which is long over due but we stuck at it and got back on track,.
really good to see so many people having a good time.

big thanks to all involved..

absolutley superb!!! :tup:

Sid.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Yes Liam,brilliant weekend......................

1/ Alan Martin,and the rest of the organisers,should be very proud, 21 years and gets
better every year,and they get unbeleavable weather
2/ So many cool new cars or ones i had'nt seen before,the place was packed !

3/ Avon Park bar is world class,but only because of its clientell,and Gina should have
trumpet shoved up his arse !
4/ Very pleased for Liam,the "fire up"proceedure was the most frantic 5 minutes ive had
at a dragstrip-well done boys
5/ A small apology to Cliff Griffin,who i spoke of in less than kind terms for not pulling up
straight away to minimise the oildown-having seen the damage,i can olny imagine how
scary it must have been in that car,indeed it was pointed out to me if it had been LHD
he might not be with us now.
6/The twin engined rail was beutiful,i would love to paint that car-but im sure looking
at the thing so far there is a comprehensive plan to finish it off,to probably be one of
the best FED in the world.
7/ Si,Roadrunner -Thanks again ,for this site,(and the Henry Hirise stuff) we should be
gratefull we have this place,and given its only been going a few months and
listening to some of the exiting idea's for the future i cant wait to see what this
place will look like in a couple of years time -Lets all support him as much as we can.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bang on with the Reverand Jim thing Sid!!

We also had the best meeting ever. After all the stress and turning up at the track with the motor in bits really had our had set on a 10 and the hard work paid off with a 10.51, taking a second off our PB.

Definately enjoyed our first meeting out as part of The Oddlot, cheers for the entertainment on saturday nite guys, (it reminds me of how a certain nostalgia racing class used to be a few years back!!)

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well done with the 10.51,that motor sounds hard as hell...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I would like to thank Sid and Bryan for help with Dales Beetle, and some wings for me pop, Liam for allowing me to help with his car, although he actually did what I was supposed to do himself...:eek:

Plus, a big thanks to the Oddlot lot for letting Dale be a 'member' for the weekend, I think he was rather chuffed...!!!

Must have been the best HRD's for years for me...:tup:

Can we do it again this weekend???

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
p.s. Bry, Lise has just been reading this over my shoulder, and didn't realise it was you who donated the wings, she has just said that she loves the Nova...!!!

:tup:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
:DGet a pic up of the wing on the RPU,and all the girls love the nova -its a girly car:p

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
:DGet a pic up of the wing on the RPU,and all the girls love the nova -its a girly car:p
As soon as I get them here I will, they are either in Nuneaton, or Coalville ATM...!!!

Hopefully they will be here for the weekend, so pics will be in the 'garage'...!!!

Think it's the real flames mate, nothing girly about the way it goes...!!!

·
Cannibals c.c
686 Posts
As soon as I get them here I will, they are either in Nuneaton, or Coalville ATM...!!!

Hopefully they will be here for the weekend, so pics will be in the 'garage'...!!!

Think it's the real flames mate, nothing girly about the way it goes...!!!
I'll try and get over there this week and pick them up Guy, as I've also bought Hooligans gearbox off Chris Manchild:)lol:) and thats with the wings around Joes gaff.

Fucking great weekend, what I can remember of it!:tup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
i had an awesome weekend,met some cool people,ran my car for the first time and drank beer what more could i want.

a HUGE thanks to the oddlot for inviting me i couldnt be grateful enough,i know i was probably in the way and ive damaged all of your ears from the constant revving haha

another huge thanks to guy and brokeback for all of there help throughout the weekend and to everyone else that heped to try and get my car running properly.

and i got a record for the slowest run haha

briliant :D

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
great photo`s yawning cat they sum up thew hole weekend :D

·
richard rawlplug
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i had an awesome weekend,met some cool people,ran my car for the first time and drank beer what more could i want.

a HUGE thanks to the oddlot for inviting me i couldnt be grateful enough,i know i was probably in the way and ive damaged all of your ears from the constant revving haha

another huge thanks to guy and brokeback for all of there help throughout the weekend and to everyone else that heped to try and get my car running properly.

and i got a record for the slowest run haha

briliant :D
unfortunatly dale you're one of us now :tup: heard loads of good comments about the volksrod all weekend..

·
Registered
341 Posts
hey up liam ,sid, bry and andy hows it going guys, what a great weekend even without me car .your cars the dogs liam nice one mate job well done.and your right the engine is the bollocks mate i think you gonna need some weight in the nose for that fucker mate :pmsl: and an 18ft wheelie bar:smoke: you should book it in for the flame and thunder mate and put it down the track.
hey andy glad to see you enjoyed your outlaws experience mate top drive .did that sling shot blow ya throttle cable off mate on the first run :pmsl: well done on ya 8.7 mate nice run i watched you go looked straightish:tup:
sid what happened to your car mate i saw you get shut down and pushed back sunday :tdown:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts