Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what colour is best suited? I have a feeling porsche guards red is the one, but not certain

any suggestions? got a pair of wheels to touch up.

·
Keyboard Worrier
411 Posts
Think Prosche Guards Red is the same as VW Mars Red, not 100% sure though.

Did the wheels on my Pop with Ford Venetian Red but when I get round to re-doing them I'm going to use Ford Signal Red as it seems to have more "depth" to it.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Hermatite red engine paint's a good colour.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hermatite red engine paint's a good colour.
Seal it and they will come :D

Taff , had the wheels on Doris powdercoated in Porsche Guards Red worked for me ;) ...

... but to be honest if I was doing them again I'd chose any other colour than red , its become a bit of a cliche , rather like green flake :tumbleweed:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,124 Posts
I did a test plate for painting my mates T in a metallic red , I did a band of white primer, grey and black and then sprayed the red over . The difference in colour due to primer shades was very apparent .

·
Woodchipper Extraordinair
2,305 Posts
Ford radient red or colorado red are pretty bright and Audi brilliant red is probably the brightest straight red available, they also do it in a very very fine pearl which gives a gold flip in sunlight. :tup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you want to see Porsche guards red take a look at the following pictures , they were taken at Brizzo Paint shop just a few weeks ago , He painted my Corvette 27 years ago and it still looks good , i will be putting a thread on The Show Room pritty soon for all to see .
If you want a quality paint job on your pride and joy that will last for years he is the man to talk to .
Call Pete brissenden on 01892724800 (Matfield Kent)

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that vette looks like it was carved from a block of solid red!
cheers all for the replies, and at the risk of wasting your valuable time I've decided on Ivory!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts