Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Hot Rod wanted

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  lord barry 
When you say hotrod do you mean a pre 49 style vehicle especially ? Just if it's not that style it may open up your market. Does Malta have it's own version of the 8 points system as to what level of deviation from 'factory' is allowed. How are they with non Historic registered vehicles , I'm thinking Q plates or SVA / BIVA passed vehicles ? I know some counties will accept SVA I it was an international standard ) but BIVA is a UK market only spec but MAYbe acceptable.

I also know some countries won't accept grp bodies on Historic chassis or have prohibitively high important duties treating GRP as new regardless of logbook details.

We used to have a rodder from Malta on here who explained some of the issues with rods .Think he put a Devon body on a Spitfire chassis to get round it? Also know of a modified ate 60s/ early 70s Dodge that was exported out there by it's ex pat owner who is now racing it. So different res for different ages methinks ?

EDIT found him, look up cross27t on here ,Maltese rodder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.