Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing some building work this week in the motor vehicle department of Southgate college in north London,
On one the classroom shelves was an RO34 wade blower!!!!
I doubt the lecturer was aware to how many of these have been fitted to rover v8's & ford v6's etc?

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Many moons ago I was a student at a West London tech during my apprenticeship. In the dyno room was a pre crossflow Ford with a Shorrocks set up on. We were all eager to run that one!

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many moons ago I was a student at a West London tech during my apprenticeship. In the dyno room was a pre crossflow Ford with a Shorrocks set up on. We were all eager to run that one!
If you zoom you can just see the end of a small shorrocks blower in the cabinet to the right,
Spoke to one of the lecturers who said they had a dyno there but were struggling to get parts to repair it as it was so old.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Winston teaches in a tech college doesnt he? wouldnt be suprised if he didnt have a hand in there somewhere :) Bry

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I use my car for some workshop lessons, to explain ladder chassis's, steering & suspension systems, certainly seems to grab their attention.

We have just de commissioned this Dyno rig,

As we now have a BMW M3 rig setup

·
Registered
499 Posts
Let Peterborough college have my 283 block for rebore,it was not going to cost me anything an everything would be just right because a instructor would be there all the time making sure all was set up correctly,WRONG eventually got it back with a hole in the side of one of the bores an the rest look like they had been done with an angle grinder,local machine shop managed to put it right with new liners in it,my cheap rebuild came out a bit pricey,that will teach me

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I think there as a thread on here a few months ago from a teacher who was building a rod or custom as a school project. Can't find it now though, but it would be interesting to see what progress they made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts