Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of only 30 road going examples left. Fitted with 2.3 engine with overdrive gearbox, Blydenstien big valve head, Rare Gerry Marshall manifold with twin 2" SU's, Janspeed + 2" system (sounds awesome!), Aldon dizzy, elec ignition, oil cooler, Spax Gas adjustables. Ideal track car or just blow away the hot hatches at the lights! Just recommisioned after long term storage with all new brakes. Ready for MOT but no time or inclination at present. Rust free shell never welded. Stock interior/body/wheels. £2650

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sold

SOLD within 5 days of placing on here. Bloody good forum that's all I can say!
Hope you have a lot of fun with it Steve. Thanks. Mick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Micks47,

I have just come across this thread on the internet to my surprise it is my old car that I sold way back in 1981 while I was at university. I sold it as spares or repair to a guy in Southampton as the MOT had just run out and the engine had just about given up and was burning oil as quickly as I was putting it in. Also the front offside brake caliper was siezed and the bonnet mounts had both rusted off. I had two rubber clamps to hold the bonnet down at the windscreen end and had drilled a hole at the front through the bonnet to bolt it to the front grille!!!!!! This sounds bizarre but it was to stop the bonnet flying off over the top of the car as it did once while driving along West Quay Road in Southampton. Luckily there was nothing behind me!!!!

If you can give me more detail on the car and it's history I would be most grateful.

Cheers

Mike

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
As an apprentice at Vauxhall Motors R&D we started to
build one as a ralley car.
Eventually it went to Blydenstein.
Can´t believe they have´nt all rusted away.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
hang my head in shame. i scrapped one of these a few years back. kept the bonnet in case i wanted to cut the scoops off for something else but that ended up in the scrap too. mind you they werent worth much then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts