Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
had a ball this weekend and got a new pb of [email protected] add this to the 22+runs i got in top do ,
And i would just like to thank everyone who helped me fix my car (think that was just about everyone that attnded lol)i want to lick all your faces xx

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Big thanks to Craig for organising this!

A definite thumbs-up from the NSCC guys and gals - the facility is very much 'grass roots' and the track was pretty wild for some (the Dave Murdoc crash was more pilot error than anything) so you had to get used to pedalling the power in a lot of cases.

Nine NSCC cars turned out with seven completing the cruise to the nearby Abbeytown on Saturday night. Nobody bettered 11s, with Jim Fairbairn's 32 Ford taking top spot. Full report on www.hotrodgazette.com.

The clubhouse was first rate and I think it's safe to say that everybody had a great time. Yes it's a treck for the Southern guys, but so is the Pod for many of us, and that's what a true National series is about.

Flash should be along shortly with some more pics....

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Hope the damage wasant too bad to the Street eliminator Willys:(
Thankfully, it was about as gentle a roll as you are likely to get, and the damage only seemed to be minor body damage (Dave even wanted to fire it up and drive it back to the pits apparently)
Even so, on such an immaculately prepared car, it aint gonna be cheap :sniff:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just came from Davy's and the damage is purely firbreglass and cosmetic, no structual damage at all thankfully so Davy and the car will be at santa pod for the summer nats in street eliminator.
Davy says a big thank you to all that helps him back to the pits etc.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Just came from Davy's and the damage is purely firbreglass and cosmetic, no structual damage at all thankfully so Davy and the car will be at santa pod for the summer nats in street eliminator.
Davy says a big thank you to all that helps him back to the pits etc.
That's good to know, i hope it gets sorted soon as it is surely one of the prettiest cars in the class.

·
Registered
408 Posts
yeah great,glad everyone had a great wk end lol:D

joking by the way( was thinking about you all while i was clearing my garage out)in the rain

sorry to hear about the coupe, not met dave i dont think but still a shame

glad it can be fixed

see you all soon

graham

·
Registered
935 Posts
Sounds and looks like that was a great weekend. A good turnout too when you consider none of us teesside punks where there. Should be a good field at york for Rounds 5 and 6.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi Grahame, Yeah I did a complete engine rebuild straight after shakey and was out (just in time) for round 3 at Santa Pod where the car ran well. Mains shells were crackered, big ends were fine and the crank required a light polish. I was lucky! Cheers
Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.