Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The question is ,who owned it before me in 1974? I bought it from a guy in New Malden in April 1974.It was then spray can black with a pale green roof.Originally it was two tone green. It had a home made floor shifter for the 3 speed and it already had the slot mag wheels on it with BF Goodrich LR60 radials on the back with steel wheels on the front.I bought 6x15 Woolfrace wheels for the front very soon after buying it and then set about painting it orange with my first attempt at spray can flames.! I never thought this car would have been so much talked about 35 years later.
Somebody should have kept the reg# and stuck it on another 55 as a tribute before it went to the crusher.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,752 Posts
It was through this car that I first met Brian. Mates and I started going down the John Bull in Chiswick and Brian used to turn up in it just before closing time. How cool did we think he was...You just did not see a 55 back then:tup:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yes.I first met Brian when he came to buy it from me in november 1974 after I put it in the 'mart' I was after a 57 Fairlane and it was through him that I got to know all the other lot from West London,which became 'Spirit of the fifties'.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The question is ,who owned it before me in 1974? I bought it from a guy in New Malden in April 1974.It was then spray can black with a pale green roof.Originally it was two tone green. It had a home made floor shifter for the 3 speed and it already had the slot mag wheels on it with BF Goodrich LR60 radials on the back with steel wheels on the front.I bought 6x15 Woolfrace wheels for the front very soon after buying it and then set about painting it orange with my first attempt at spray can flames.! I never thought this car would have been so much talked about 35 years later.
Somebody should have kept the reg# and stuck it on another 55 as a tribute before it went to the crusher.
...I'm not absolutely positive but there's a man coming to the Movie Nite that could shed some light on it... :tup:

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,752 Posts
Slight tangent: I can't remember the exact story on this one I owned in that mid seventies period. It was a parts car that Brian had and many of the parts were used on RGF. You can see one of the orange rear doors on here.
I gave it to Rob, Rick and Gina's boy.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Slight tangent: I can't remember the exact story on this one I owned in that mid seventies period. It was a parts car that Brian had and many of the parts were used on RGF. You can see one of the orange rear doors on here.
I gave it to Rob, Rick and Gina's boy.

another right hooker... I'd love to know how many their were over here!

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,752 Posts
The guy that did the 'American cars over here' book promised a second book but sadly it never came. He had thousands of pics taken through the sixties and I bet these cars are in amongst them. What a blast it would be to see those. Don't suppose anybody on here knows him?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
.....also,I had the one piece california rear bumper chromed back in '74 , It cost 35 quid at Murrivans in Croydon. I remember Brian trash canning the original 265 for a 327.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.