Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went on the train to brum today, i sat wistfully of the 19th century platform, remembering train journeys of my childhood.
along comes a brand new loco, spotlessly clean, carpets on the floor, and plenty of empty seats.

then the train moved on, almost silently, even tho it was a diesel, and i was so disappointed there was no clickety clack from the rails

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
If you want "Clickety Click" then you will need to go to a Preserved railway such as "The Great Central" - Leicester to Loughborough or "The Severn Valley Railway". Modern rail travel is very efficient though!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
went on the train to brum today, i sat wistfully of the 19th century platform, remembering train journeys of my childhood.
along comes a brand new loco, spotlessly clean, carpets on the floor, and plenty of empty seats.

then the train moved on, almost silently, even tho it was a diesel, and i was so disappointed there was no clickety clack from the rails
You wanna try a South Eastern train grainger, grubby...sticky floor...no empty seats, that's proper disappointing.
Although you do get a sort of clickety clack, cos the clumsy drivers put flats on the tyres, so yer journey has a clack, clack, clack the whole fekkin way.
Come back B.R. all is forgiven

·
Premium Member
560 Posts

Ha Annie rang me today whilst on her way back from a day out in Hull with her "mates" , Nway point is i didn't believe she was ont train cos i couldn't hear the clickty clack int background ! Huh i was wrong ! She arrived on time , shattered the peace of the day !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.