Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

How can i date my 305 chevy and the TH350 gearbox I have? I know it will be off the engine number (any clues where that is?) but where is the date stamp/gearbox number so I can identify that aswell? I was told it was from a Camaro but the guy wasn't too sure. All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engine no is on the osr of the block back of the head if you post the no ill look it up, the gear box no is stamped along side the pan,but my 2 box's have bugger all on them
Cheers Stevie T, I will post the number up at the weekend, as the eng and box is at home and I am away for the week.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
richard rawlplug
8,226 Posts
let us know what you got..i got a shock when my so called 350 turned out to be a 302..:D

·
richard rawlplug
8,226 Posts
Bet you were really upset ......

....not 8)
put it this way..i went back out to the garage to double check the no's,smashed my bonce on the garage door but still walked out with the only headache i didnt mind...then commenced with celebratory stellas....happy yes.

·
richard rawlplug
8,226 Posts
302 is the same bore as 350 just a shorter stroke.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 2 numbers I can see on the block with the exception of the 5.0lg, are 1408851 and A216, not sure which is the date stamp though. I haven't seen the one on the gearbox.

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just double checked, even wrote it on the back of my hand. It is 14088551, finger trouble again.

Does this mean it is a smog motor(?) If so what does that mean? Can I find out the output of the motor aswell?

Cheers,

Stu.

·
Shake it, Hobbes
170 Posts
Dating your engine

Stu, If you REALLY want to date your engine......
Take it to the pictures followed by a bottle of wine and some flowers:pmsl::incheek:........
Just don't tell Sandy!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stu, If you REALLY want to date your engine......
Take it to the pictures followed by a bottle of wine and some flowers:pmsl::incheek:........
Just don't tell Sandy!!:D
Your a bloody fool man!:pmsl:

Cheers,

Stu.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.