Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following up on Men can do anything, Elmo has fixed one light outside today, bought Dec 08! still another to go ...

Are you worse or do you buy, come home and fix

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Im a kind of "fix it soon as" man but rely on my wife to do the stuff i cant reach so it basically never gets done. :shake:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i started fitting a new kitchen about 6 years ago, iv almost finished it now, just the wooden bits along the bottom of the units needs doing so hey - it could be done for christmas :tup:

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
i started fitting a new kitchen about 6 years ago, iv almost finished it now, just the wooden bits along the bottom of the units needs doing so hey - it could be done for christmas :tup:
You beat me ! I fitted the kitchen just over 6 years ago & just fitted the plinths and handles only because family stayed over Christmas

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does anyone on here have a tuit? I need a circular one. I've told the missus she can have a new kitchen when I get a Round Tuit!

·
Super Moderator
7,391 Posts
Does anyone on here have a tuit? I need a circular one. I've told the missus she can have a new kitchen when I get a Round Tuit!
Old old old............................................................... Dave.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
heh, when we built this house, first thing i did as soon as both house and workshop got build was getting the workshop done so i could work. house stands for 10 years now and i still need to dry-wall the attic room and do some work in basement to get it finished.
pascal

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
when we moved in to this house i built my garage, that was 6 years ago this month, i wired up the garage but never got round to actually connecting it to the mains, relying on an extension cable to power everything.
2 years ago, we had a conservatory built and the wife decided she wanted some decking built around it. We had quotes of between £1700 and £2200 for the decking.
Iwas made redundant 3 weeks ago, and in the space of a week, i permanently wired the garage, sorted the front garden, moved the shed (absolute twat of a job !) and built and stained the decking (complete with lights)......al at a cost of £700 in total !!!
having said that, our bedroom still has no skirting boards !!!

·
Down but not out
3,024 Posts
did our kitchen in a week start to finish......putting a shelf up in the bedroom however has been 3 years and counting so far

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Erm . . oh dear . .hope my wife dont read this thread.

Gotta admit to 'leaving the odd bit' !
Bearing in mind I'm a buyer for a building & dec contractors, so I get most stuff very cheap. I'm fine a bringing it all home. Its the putting it on the wall that takes the time :shake:

Everything indoors has been put on hold while I finish my garage. Once done, I've got to refit bathroom, kitchen, do a lot of decorating & finish the garden !

·
Hammer-based simpleton
489 Posts
Started re-doing a small toilet, stripping walls & window frame etc etc. 10 yrs later decided to sell the house, so finished it then...

When we moved into the new place, first things that got done were my paint room/garage and her garage. Priorities...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You don't want to rush these things, she'd expect more done if I finished something.

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Im glad my miss's dont read this or else she would have me running around like Elmo only 2 years crikey you must be proud of his keeness , I like to be nagged for at least 3 years before even considering then i suddenly say right we'll do such n such the weekend that usually totally stuns her and i have another 18 months then she just forgets :smoke:...I hope your giving Elmo a year or so off to rest before another big push :D
Following up on Men can do anything, Elmo has fixed one light outside today, bought Dec 08! still another to go ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts