Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Box 500
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a member started a thread in the rant section asking how long before they get over no smoking.
I would like to asked the same question about drink.
For rougthly ten years I have drunk about the equivelent of 3-4 double vodkas a night. I never got drunk it just became a habbit after a long distance lorry driver customer started to pay us in drink for goods.
I packed it in about 5 weeks ago and since have felt crap, I feel as though I have the flu but without the snots and everything seems to be acheing. I have even started having migrains again.
Anyone else given it up and felt like this? how long does it take to feel better?

thanks guys

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
been there done that, and was quite ill for bout two three months. than it all went better and now i feel perfect. i dont drink any alcoholic drink no more, ok not entirely true, bout one can of beer a month :p just cause i still like it.
smoking i went down from two packs of marlboro each day, to one sigar on friday night after all is done, sort of celibrating end of week :)
youll get to feel better if you get over the hard few two months and you will absolutly love how you feel than.
pascal

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Ive tried cutting down on the beers and yes, next day you feel like a hangover. What your describing is obviously withdrawl. Problem i had was i was busy all day and didnt drink anything except maybe 2 cups of coffee or tea so the bulk of my fluid intake was beer on a night. Since ive cut down im still busy during the day and forget to drink any fluid which is making me feel proper ill. Try drinking atleast 2 litres of water a day (easier said than done as i cant manage 2 litres) and you do feel better. I sometimes find myself thinking i fancy a beer on a night and when i actually drink it its more a habbit than enjoyment. Ive cut right down on my beer intake for health and money reasons and i do feel alot better for it.

·
Box 500
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, reassuring to know that my symptoms are quite normal. I was getting to a stage where I felt I may as well start drinking again to feel normal.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Thanks guys, reassuring to know that my symptoms are quite normal. I was getting to a stage where I felt I may as well start drinking again to feel normal.
realy, don't. hang in there and you WILL feel a lot better when sober all the time.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Since retiring last year, I have now cut down to going to my local club three night aweek, Sun/Tue/Thur and cut down to max 8 pints per night, (mind you I haven't drank during the day for 20yrs+) feel alot better for it now :tup::tup::tup:

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
Whatever you do don't stop drinking lager.

You've got to keep me in a job!
no chance.....i know where you work :D

two words lee....STELLA ARTOIS....:finger:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
welcome to rehab mate :tup:
i only social drink now 2-3pints a month..:shock:
i have recently stopped smoking aswell after 30 aday for nearly 30yrs:shock:
felt like crap for the first few months but it gets easier & better the further you get down the line mate.
good luck & keep with it mate its worth it in the end :tup:

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
Two more: WIFE BEATER :finger:
well im doing something wrong as i got a right kicking off her earlier..:slap:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
TBH I can take it or leave it these days it really doesnt bother me too much.
I can not drink for weeks and its not a problem......having said that when my mate "Jack" joins me it has been known to be empty the next day :shake:

Shame on me:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts