Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not interested in guesses, but is there anyone who knows what their design limit was? Are there differences in certain years of C6's?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i dunno fella but maybe you'd have been off better asking how much power folk are putting thru their c6's and what mods the boxes needed to survive,

i could hazard a guess but ............... :tup:

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Try Ford Muscle dot com, they have a forum and it's free to join, they are very helpful too...

I know someone who is expecting to get 500/500 from a BBF with a C6 behind it...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Big Ron Haslett was putting 1000bhp with gas through his b4 he changed to a glide...

jim

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Loo,k at 460ford.com or 429-460.com as they only deal with BBF (funnily enough)

The general concensus is not how strong they are but how hungry they are.
If you wanna rebuild with roller bearing and other friction reducing components then they use the same amount as a TH400 and are about as strong.
Difference being is that there are a lot more (and cheaper) hypo parts for other boxes

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Loo,k at 460ford.com or 429-460.com as they only deal with BBF (funnily enough)

The general concensus is not how strong they are but how hungry they are.
If you wanna rebuild with roller bearing and other friction reducing components then they use the same amount as a TH400 and are about as strong.
Difference being is that there are a lot more (and cheaper) hypo parts for other boxes
Definately not as strong as a TH400. The gear carriers/gears between the two are night and day.A stock gear carrier for a TH400 will do 1200hp all day long and probably a lot more. C6 gear carriers are aluminium and won't do anywhere near as much.

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
As has already been said ford460.com would be a good place to get info on C6 horsepower levels,at a guess i would of thought anything much over 800 it would be more viable to put your money into a 400 for a heavy car, or Glide for a light car,as they are developed to horsepower levels that only a few years ago would of seemed crazy.if the motor is around the 500 600 mark a good trans builder with a few mods would sufice.Andy might know someone,lol.:pmsl: Originaly these gearboxes would of been designed for the applicatin ford required,which would of been 400-500 hp plus a small percent safety enginered in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts