Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure how to go about this.... i have a house that i rented out, a woman in her 50's with 2 kids, was there for 4 years no problems, but when the virus thing started, she said no money for rent as no work, thing is she is a carer, lots of work then and lots of jobs to go to,even said working to letting agent... gave her a year or more to start paying it back, she just paid monthly new rents when due not what she owed, would not reply to agent or talk on phone, in the end after 2 years i was advised to serve notice, which i did, it was 6 months then not 2 months as normally would be, covid rules... so she stopped paying totally i went to small claims, she got the letters, did not reply to them so ccj now in her name, so now she has left the house and vanished, court say i have to find her to have a bailiff to get whats owed, but how do i do this, no address just name, date of birth and know what car she has.. she owes over £2000 any ideas how to get an address???

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
It pretty much has to work how its shown on "The Sheriffs are coming" on the box, they have access to it all....but takes an age to actually get it if ever and She has to fail to turn up at court before the Sheriff Muppets can act.

·
Registered
422 Posts
talk to the neighbors.
who used to come by
where did she work
where did she hang out
assuming you know what she looks like

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I had exactly the same 'legal' experience with a customer that didn't pay.
Take my advice, write off the 2 grand and move on. You will spend more in time and effort to get anything out of her, and if you do it will be a fiver a week for a few weeks then nothing more.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
All the legal ways to do this are crap. As said above, you'll be better off writing it off and trying to forget about it. I have had court cases for people that owe me way more than £2k and it has not worked in my favour ever. As said before they will pay a month or 2 then not pay and you have to go through the complete process again. It will cost you more money and make you angry. Not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sadly, I agree with all the above. You'll never get the money back legally. Everything socially is weighted against you as you're an evil landlord and another Rachman. You're only possibility is as YellowTR3 suggests is to track her down and hopefully shame her into paying you something, otherwise you'll tell all to her new landlord. All a bit futile really as she'll live from day to day and have no money (and no shame), and you may find yourself, unfairly, on the wrong side of the law.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts