Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Here's a few items from my little collection that may be of interest.

This is probably the one that sent my life in a rodding direction.
Painted by my uncle in the 1950's and given to me to play with as a boy in the early '60's

These 2 were made by Rod Pollard (owner of the Purple Haze PC Cresta and seen painting the flames on Mike Keys '32 Tudor in Hot Car) They were shown in the model section of HR&C uk.

2 diecasts that Rod did for me, a 2 doored Dinky Hudson and a Micro Models Ford Pickup.

4 diecasts in 1/43 that I chopped about many years ago.
Yesteryear Model A woody, Solido Dodge pickup, Eligor '32 (green), and Ertl '32 (yellow)

Cheers, Bob.
Yes, I know I missed a 'p' out of chopped in the thread heading but I can't see how to alter it. Sorry.

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
:)I used to customise old toy cars when i was a teen(still do:lol:) Me and me cousin spent one Christmas day evening modiflying loads of my toy cars:happy: he used a bit of wood to make a bonnet bulge/scoop on a old 50s bodyed Dinky car-and i "jacked up" the back of a Dinky Humber Hawk polics car by bending down the bottem plate then put front wheels of a F1 Corgi car and put em on the back of the Humber then painted it blue and white like Steve Dodds Zody which i ofton see about.
I would modify anything:shake: another was a fricton powered plastic VW van which got radiused rear archs big meats of something else and hand painted custom sand/beach affect paint:lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
nice,
love the fact that they have alot of personal history :tup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts