Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads
I am known as starsk's in the Mopar world and have always been polite enough to ask to attend your hrd event I have always been allowed under radical I even won your dirty dozen trophy one year ! I have been off the scene after a really bad car crash ( in my Landy ) I went to the Mopar nats where I met lots of you guys racing at the nats
I am not allowed to race this year my Mopar mates who have helped me get from 17 to 13.08 up the strip are upset over this we come as we love the event 5 people share a birthday and we ate looking for a 12 this year yes I can go to any rwyb but alone I want to go with my mates and get this 12 with them
It's just I have worked so hard on this car yes I am a girl , yes it's a starsky car but take me seriously please I work on this myself
My objection is I feel I fit in the spirit of hot rodding category
The definition ( dictionary) is an automobile that has been modified for speed and acceleration
And definition from hot rod association a car that has been lowered I have done that! A car that has been modified done that , wide wheels done that , brightly coloured well you find one brighter ! She fits in all ways also I am a girl with spirit love the drags just please let me race
Thanks for listening
Starsk's xxx

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi,dont know if this will be any help but this is a number for Dik Stapley 07599820571 he is trade co-ordinator he will be there now an should be able to put you onto someone who might be able to say yes you can race good luck DAVE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Yes I realise this but this has been on going for some months now and I was hoping to get an answer before spending loads to get there and get in he said no but I was hoping he would change his mind what do i have to do be a man and paint her matt black ? Just for the record a 1974 rolls is the star of the show this year classed as fastest wedding car well mine is a wedding car too hired out 4 times this year ? And 15 hot rods are on film at our Mopar nats we did not object infact I raced two it was great go see them i think like you said in other thread not japs or modern but I feel sad I have been refused as you all let me before and loads of you guys have helped with advice etc and parts on track side why no now ?

·
Down but not out
3,024 Posts
i've said it before i dont agree with these pre 72 (or any year) were all in the same hobby fer crissakes sorry i dont agree with segregation smacks of pettiness and dare i say it...hold on a mo while i put on my asbestos pants coz i'm about to be shot down in flames...it also smacks of being jobsworths just my opinion

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I would just like to point out that the reference to, quote "what do i have to do be a man " s a bit below the belt. It seems that, rightly or wrongly, the criteria is the car not your gender and to infer otherwise is disengenous.
I would expect that the answer would be no if it were a man in your position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've said it before i dont agree with these pre 72 (or any year) were all in the same hobby fer crissakes sorry i dont agree with segregation smacks of pettiness and dare i say it...hold on a mo while i put on my asbestos pants coz i'm about to be shot down in flames...it also smacks of being jobsworths just my opinion
Thank you sir I agree pretty much only 2 tracks around we all need to support them my £80 odd quid at least might help
Thanks for your words of support appreciated
Starsk's

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
Hi
Yes I realise this but this has been on going for some months now and I was hoping to get an answer before spending loads to get there and get in he said no but I was hoping he would change his mind what do i have to do be a man and paint her matt black ? Just for the record a 1974 rolls is the star of the show this year classed as fastest wedding car well mine is a wedding car too hired out 4 times this year ? And 15 hot rods are on film at our Mopar nats we did not object infact I raced two it was great go see them i think like you said in other thread not japs or modern but I feel sad I have been refused as you all let me before and loads of you guys have helped with advice etc and parts on track side why no now ?
Hello???? Sorry, as I said above, Rods and Sods does not run the HRDs

Some of the guys on here organise it in conjunction with NSRA .

The guys on here who organise it are already at the HRDS as are the NSRA committee.

It'll be far quicker , and the ONLY way, to contact them direct if you want an answer. Though it does sound like you've already had the answer and don't like it ?

Plus who is 'he' as mentioned above that you hoped woudl change his mind ?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
but I feel sad I have been refused as you all let me before .

Sorry to say this but no matter how many times you ask on this site you will get the same answer, it is the nsra that run the hotrod drags, they dropped the radical from any of their meetings,you cannot talk of post 73 vehicles on their site as they are just pre 73 now and thats how they want to run it now.

That is up to them and i think they are happy with how the club is, this site accepts all and any year but we still have no say in the nsra rules as we are to separate forums.

cheers vin

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
Try getting a Mustang into a Camero Owners event :) We are back to arguing about show criteria , if you don't meet the criteria why would you expect to get in ?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hello. At first I wasn't sure if you weren't allowed to race because you were a femail or that you had been in an accident but on reading further I believe it's because your car is post 72. Was thinking whatever the reason it sounds a bit harsh but then I see those 4 letters. NSRA. Theres your answer.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,752 Posts
If there was no criteria then it would just be another run what you brung. As it stands it's a very special event which chooses to focus on a particular aspect of the hobby. It's well supported and loved by many. If I choose to take my 55 to the Mopars and they let me run then that is the organisers choice. If they said no I would fully understand as it is a Chevy not a Mopar. Ken you need to look into the details further before just having a go at the NSRA, sorry.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
I understand your point but that's down to the organisers isn't it ? All events have some form of criteria surely ?

That's why the Mustang Owners don't let the Cameroas in either ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
My Lad then aged 12yrs was insulted and not given much support from the nsra as he was only a kid !
over his 58 mk2 zephyr rod. he is 30yrs old now still has the same rod , And will never support the nsra again ever !
Stand your corner girl . they obviously still dont need young members or most rodders of any gender

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hello Badger. And a very good point that is. I guess the main reason for organising shows is to make money either for a charity or for the club behind it. So to have any criteria only lowers the number of people through the gates which means less gate money. But the organisers in this case are the (4 letters again) NSRA.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
Not the 'let's slag the [email protected] bandwagon again PLEASE guys, it's real boring.

Doesn't matter who's event this is ,it has a criteria that the original poster is not understanding or complying with .

More to the point she still believes she is talking to someone who can bend the rules,or support her attempt to override them, depsite it being pointed out that is not the case .

Not bad for her first 3 posts eh ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.