Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that MP who tried to fob his speeding ticket off onto his (ex-) wife has been charged with perverting the course of justice.
He claims he's absolutely and totally innocent of all charges but has resigned anyway. :beuj:

It's interesting that an MP has been perverting the course of justice rather than just plain old perverting.

·
Registered
612 Posts
i cant understand how this can come to light. the wife at the time admitted it was her, she took the points. what 'proof' can there be to the contrary?
but as you point out, hes resigned from the cabinet, so guilt is definately implied

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
i cant understand how this can come to light. the wife at the time admitted it was her, she took the points. what 'proof' can there be to the contrary?
but as you point out, hes resigned from the cabinet, so guilt is definately implied
This has been dragging on for so long, I agree but the CPS don't normally go for a prosecution unless they are as sure as can be of a successful outcome. I guess if they had photographic evidence we and he would have been told by now. I can't see how it can go ahead without more than one against the other.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
She admitted it in an interview when she found out he was messing around and it came in the divorce argument

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
She admitted it in an interview when she found out he was messing around and it came in the divorce argument
Without further evidence it's just her word against his. Unless they have photographic evidence, which would surely have been presented by now, I'm not sure where this is going. Anyone elses' statement could only be considered as 'hearsay' which is inadmissible in court. Interesting to see where this finally ends up.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I believe she taped them discussing it on the phone, of course all this is alleged.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
yeah i think there was calls where they were discussing it on the phone and there was some txt messages between him and his son about it - something about his son falling out with him over it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Got to feel sorry [ a little bit ] for the ex wife . She is a respected economist ,he is merely a rich boy lib-dem windbag .
By doing this they both made a serious breach of the law in the opinion of the Court .
Perverting the course of justice is an crime that gets custodial sentences [ prob 3-6 months in his case ] ,she may plead guilty and give evidence for the prosecution and escape with a community sentence/fine .
With a bit of luck this will be the end of his political career ,hope so !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts