Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Si,

I used my local hose man and he made me up the required bits to fit it all.

Did it while I waited and the cost was very reasonable, can't remember exactly as it was a few years back, but seem to think it was less than £20.

P.

·
richard rawlplug
8,115 Posts
i used aeroquip adaptors (3/16 unf to 3an) to plumb mine up...got em from summit but mr WB54 can get aeroquip stuff at a good price.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used aeroquip adaptors (3/16 unf to 3an) to plumb mine up...got em from summit but mr WB54 can get aeroquip stuff at a good price.
All the numbers just confuse me :lol:

It's not gotta be anything fancy, just need it to fit to the wife's Mustang :tup:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Si,

I used my local hose man and he made me up the required bits to fit it all.

Did it while I waited and the cost was very reasonable, can't remember exactly as it was a few years back, but seem to think it was less than £20.

P.
Paul,

Hose man as in general hydraulic stuff or brake specific ?

Just wondering cos there's a Pirtek branch up the road from me and maybe they would do the bits ?

Also, just thought. I'm sure there's Listers Motorsports round the corner as well but not sure if they'd do the Yank fitments (I presume they're different lol)

·
richard rawlplug
8,115 Posts
have you tried mr wilding???

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Si, we sell Listers stuff, and I can sort out everything you will need... (cheaper than Listers 'list' prices too...!!!)

Work number is 0116 2761131, and we are quiet...!!!

Just ask for me... :tup:

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,645 Posts
to add one more in the pot,
maybe Faye at speedflow,http://www.speedflow.co.uk/
experts in this field, what helps is that they stock the Hurst roll control unit so they'll know exactly what fittings you'll need.
next day delivery usually, but with the post office at the moment??????

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lol:

Are we going for a Langy advertising special then ?

Craig, was that the actual line lock or the fitting kit ? Neither are advertised in his web shop so that doesn't fill me with confidence.

I've already got the unit, just need to sort out the adapters to make up the new lines but should have that sorted through Guy now by the looks of it. Thanks.

To be honest, I wouldn't be buying the bits from Langys Rod Shop anyhow. It'd make me look a bit of a tosser banning him from the site in the past but then deciding he's ok enough for me to buy parts from.

Although that does bring up another question in my head. Should I be allowing the advertising of his site on here due to his account being banned :beuj:

Not sure on that one so i'll have to have a think about it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Si

He stocks all the fittings, common ones and a few one offs that are hard to get in the country, I would not have thought it would make you a tosser to buy anything from him, If you need the fittings then buy them, sales are sales in my book

But if your sorted then thats fine, as for removing any adverts for him then it will be only your members that will suffer, if they cant find the parts and he stocks them, GO AHEAD

short sighted on your account ( but thats only my opinion)

Hey i thought we were all grown ups

Craig

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would not have thought it would make you a tosser to buy anything from him, If you need the fittings then buy them
It would definitely imply a state of double standards (or does in my book anyway)

sales are sales in my book
Not from a buyers point of view ;) Either way I'd prefer to direct my money back towards the members of this site. Supporting those who support this place really.

as for removing any adverts for him then it will be only your members that will suffer, if they cant find the parts and he stocks them, GO AHEAD
See, that's the bit. Along with the bit above, i'd rather promote business back to those who support THIS site where possible. If stuff weren't available anywhere else then yep, it'd be good to see the person get their part. But if parts are available through active members of this site then isn't it a better community building practice to try and help them gain sales ?

short sighted on your account ( but thats only my opinion)

Hey i thought we were all grown ups

Craig
That's fair enough, we're each entitled to one. Hopefully from my explanation above you'll also see that it's not short sighted at all, in fact quite the opposite as i'm looking at the whole Rods 'n' Sods community rather than just my own purchase of bits or one mans business.

We are all grown ups (cept the kids anyway lol). No toys thrown as far as I can see.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts