Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been a long while since I’ve been here because every time I tried to log in nothing worked. I requested a password reset so many times and then gave up. But today a link took me here and I thought why not try again. While I’m here and not sure where to ask, any recommendations for a shop around Kent/London/ Essex that would pipe my brakes and fit pedal box. Problem is with other work I had done, I was quoted say two weeks and 3 months later I was still waiting. I try to keep my pop ready to drive whenever I want it, it’s currently laid up for an electric conversion. I’ve fitted a 105 axle with the leaf spring to keep the suspension points and added coil overs with the dampers . Almost done with the axle and will soon be rolling again. Has Sierra rear discs and ka front discs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why's it taking so long ? Don't they know how to do it ??
beats me mate, they work like builders, don't want end up with nothing on so keep everyone hanging around. Anyway sod it I'll do it all myself like usual.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Has a chat with someone that runs a rod shop, no names. Doesn’t give quotes, £40/hour, so 10 hours a day, 5 days, £2000, I’m not saying that’s what he said, because he didn’t give a clue but shows where it could go and would have handed the car over and at their mercy.
Another one does trim. Wants a deposit to get on his list, no date, then the rest of the labour up front when the car goes in. Pay for materials at the end. What are these people on. I ran an air con business for 35 years, jobs were priced mostly from drawings, paid 30-90:days after invoice date. Long jobs would have stage payments always in arrears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts