Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm a Lowrider !
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this as there are a couple of Q's unanswered, not an excuse to dig up the rants please.

Tootall quite rightly questioned the UKK and Unity displays and the Lexus well...

Unity attended off their own back to show support to the NSRA and have a club meet up as it WAS one of the better shows with a good location, we were allowed onto the show field via a dubious route by a very sweet old lady - so we took it. :p
Unity and the UKK go way back to when we shared members and knowledge, that alliance has been pretty thin of late as we've grown in slightly different directions over the years but no worries from either its all good just less crossover:tup:

now the lexus... LOL the owner is a Unity member the car rides on airbags and sits on the floor over a set of rare 19" wheels - nothing special i hear you say and definately not a rod, now this is true but it plays a small but important role, it shows that not all Lowriders are 60-80 american fodder, a lot of joe public proved they could associate directly with the Lexus and it opens up a clear channel of communication which ultimately leads away from the Lexus via their own car up to the likes Neils belair and Nicks supersport (with its glass tubing and acres of Chrome), without the Lexus people seem to pidgeon hole lowriders.

Lowriding is a very small and unique past time/lifestyle and Unity work hard to promote it in a positive light by using what they have to hand (cars and environment) rather than let the media provide a distorted and corrupt view.

thanks for letting me bore you.:wave:

·
1,143 Posts
Jon - I think you're preaching to the converted - this ain't the NSRA just a forum kindly set up by Si for folk that like well... rods 'n sods. I guess that covers everything you like, so just relax and enjoy.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
I like lowriders. There I said it:!:

One of the Wheelers (Chris?) has an old Toyota Corolla with full hydraulics. I think he would agree the paint etc isn't brilliant, but nearly everyone smiles when he bounces off down the road in it.

It isnt a rod, or an american, or a pick up, or a topten winner, but it got loads of attention at Beaulieu this year.

It's modified, thats all that counts.......oh, and making lots of people smile cant be bad either................

·
I'm a Lowrider !
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its all good. :tup:

and yes i'm post whoring to get my count up....

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
We did indeed share showspace in the past Jon when both clubs were struggling to get off the ground in our own small niches :tup: How long ago must that be now ...12 years or so ?

·
I'm a Lowrider !
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We did indeed share showspace in the past Jon when both clubs were struggling to get off the ground in our own small niches :tup: How long ago must that be now ...12 years or so ?
Yup 12 and counting... good times and whats more impressive is how well each club has done :smoke:

·
draggin bumpers
362 Posts
Yup 12 and counting... good times and whats more impressive is how well each club has done :smoke:
It did make me laugh that the people over the other side didnt know where to fire their indignation. You'd think the plaques in the rear windows would be a hint!

I love UKK's cars, I have a particular soft spot for Rupes 'sled drool.

Feel the love! :tup:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Sfunny but I didn't even see a Lexus saw a few rods I didn't
like among the loads I did like just shows you carn't please
everyone , only car that didn't belong IMHO was a golf ( fwd )
and befor you ask mines a mk3 zephyr
Mike

ps didn't see you either Kev so hi now

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
now the lexus... LOL the owner is a Unity member the car rides on airbags and sits on the floor over a set of rare 19" wheels - nothing special i hear you say and definately not a rod, now this is true but it plays a small but important role, it shows that not all Lowriders are 60-80 american fodder, a lot of joe public proved they could associate directly with the Lexus and it opens up a clear channel of communication which ultimately leads away from the Lexus via their own car up to the likes Neils belair and Nicks supersport (with its glass tubing and acres of Chrome), without the Lexus people seem to pidgeon hole lowriders.

thanks for letting me bore you.:wave:
Hi Jon

Is Nicks the green one with the glass rad hoses ??? If so I shat my self last year at the NASC NATS when the bloke beside me went up an tapped on the hose with a coin to see if it was glass or not, I was just about to say i don't think you should do that and Nick was on him in a flash before i had a chance to say anything I kinda didn't want to approach him after that as i could see it wasn't the best time :sniff:

I did want to ask a question about air systems as we (me and big bro chrismk4 on here) were fitting it to his Pro street mk4 zephyr but that was then and this is now and my other bro (nik347) is thinking about it now so i might catch up with you lot at a show soon NASC NATS maybe :tup:

·
draggin bumpers
362 Posts
we're always happy to talk about bouncy stuff, juice or air. feel free to post on here, that way others may also benefit :)

The Regal is Jons 3rd low, the Belair is my 3rd one too funnily enough. We've both been involved in building air setups as well so hopefully we can give a steer in the right direction.

·
Freak!
458 Posts
I love lowriders.
When that special lotto ticket turns up im gonna build a juiced Mk.1 Granada coupe! (amongst others lol)

I missed the Lexus,post up a picture please.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
blimey low riders and unity !!!!!
it's been a while for me but i still like them , if my memory serves me right the unity guys used to go to chelsea and guildford cruises , years ago , mazda and datsun trucks ????

:)

·
draggin bumpers
362 Posts
blimey low riders and unity !!!!!
it's been a while for me but i still like them , if my memory serves me right the unity guys used to go to chelsea and guildford cruises , years ago , mazda and datsun trucks ????

Actually that was the Diplomats (Winston had the Datsun), And occasionally DriveBy (which I was a part of)

ah jumpers for goalposts. See I've always been an outcast ;)

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Actually that was the Diplomats (Winston had the Datsun), And occasionally DriveBy (which I was a part of)

ah jumpers for goalposts. See I've always been an outcast ;)
ah thats it , my memory is shot :lol:

i used to run a gold B2000 back then :)

I think Phil Bloxhams pick up is still sat in the garage as Kev left it ?
was that the peach b2000 ??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts