Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Paint it or Lose it
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we set off for the dragon car meet at colgate just this night had to be different
went across the a27 duel carrigway and the fuel gauge went to empty went to the first gas station sorry no fuel arghh fuck then another one closed at 6 and managed to limp it another 10 miles to henfield and filled her up got to the dragon and the engine stopped rather abruptly so we just left it

went to come home in the pissing rain and it was missing got home an i checked the headers and the rear plug on the drivers bank has gone as the pipes cold so it aint igniting

oh the joys of motoring:wanker:

·
Paint it or Lose it
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
changed number 7 plug and cleaned all the others and revs nice and crisply now no missfire wooohoo

·
Registered
777 Posts
changed number 7 plug and cleaned all the others and revs nice and crisply now no missfire wooohoo
be thankful that's all it was....I had an ignition problem that came and went for 2 years....whatever you did didn't cure it. It would go away and come back...at times i would have 3 ft high flames out the carb and others it's wouldn't start till 38deg advance...then it would be fine for a few months till the palarva would start all over again....

it's seem all sorted now but still no real idea why it happened

1 - 4 of 4 Posts